Advice for 40Yr Old Martial Artist? Need More Energy

If you need TRT, you’ll be given some form of pharma grade, pure testosterone. No need to find sources.
Many, many of us use insulin needles 29-30G to inject into delts and pecs. That goes with virtually ZERO pain. Think of like 1/100 the pain you regularly go thorugh while kickboxing or BJJ. Mayb 1/1000. :smile: That is IF you need it. I’m not saying you do, but what can you lose if you run comprehensive labs in this regards?

I’ll also reiterate that I’m not a fan of cycling at our age (40+). If you’re natural levels are fine, just respect and enjoy it. If they’re low to start with, TRT, maybe blast and cruise.
In any case, please don’t start shooting around in the dark. Run your labs, and take it from there.

This is simply not true. Anavar nor winstrol will convert into testosterone if you use Google and ask this question everything you read will tell you both these drugs will suppress your endogenous testosterone levels greatly

They are not going to only drop post cycle they are going to plummet as soon as you start taking either of these orals and will stay in the gutter the entire time with you HOPING they come back to where they were pre cycle after your pct

GOOGLE… the only real difference is when you shut down endogenous testosterone with a Test cycle you don’t feel those horrible negative effects of having low T because your getting it from a out side source… Also when running a oral only cycle sense your body will have no test the majority of the time your on this cycle gains are going to be almost impossible to keep

OK so here is my take besides the numerous reasons I have listed as to why I wouldn’t recommend this hormonal sabotage you have planned 9 times out of 10 if somoen says “hey I’m thinking about running this cycle or these compounds but I’m not sure about this this and this” I will tell them not to do it. The reason for this is if you are “thinking” about doing something you clearly haven’t done enough research which in your case it is obvious. Looking at the benifiets list of winny and anavar and saying “hey I think this would be great for me” is not good research if you spend a hour a day for 2 weeks reading reports/experiences/outcomes/similar cases you would without a doubt know that what you have planned is a horrible idea. If nothing I have said to you makes you reconsider plz plz do some scientific research and you will understand why you shouldn’t do this.

I’m not a doctor or claim to be one. I do have a college education and a degree that I will never use in real life in a field relating to this altho I have been out of college for nearly 6 years I do remember a few things and have a basic understanding of hormones (very basic) and even I know just from that education you are going to regret these plans of yours

Ok, that’s fine. Now imagine sticking one in your ass twice a week for the next 30 years. That’s the possibility if you get shut down and don’t fully recover.

Just so it’s out there, winstrol is a terrible idea for a guy your age who’s trying to get better recovery. It does literally the opposite of that net-net. Your joints will feel like they’re full of sand by the third week.

1 Like

Hey man, thanks so much for the reply.
I`m going on Saturday to see the doctor…
I do have low sperm count = my wife and I no kids :frowning:
sleepy in the afternoon, low energy, and depression.

And I can see that everyone here would like me to get my diet on point, loose some weight first. So for this month, I`m going to cut eight pounds of fat - down from 174 lbs (22% fat at 5foot 6).

Meeting doc this Saturday…
Going to ask him to send me for blood work

Good choice. Ask for Total Test, Free Test, E2, SHBG, FSH & LH at a minimum if you want to know what your hormones are doing.

I would get the baseline blood tests as recommended. Depending upon your results you could try a dose of 25mg/day of clomid, or 10mg of nolvadex, which will allow your body to produce higher levels of testosterone. If that doesn’t do the trick, you could go down the T replacement route but its likely that you will need to be on it the rest of your life.

Not trying to sound negative, but you’re not going to lose eight pounds of fat in one month.

Blockquote

This is absolutely achievable with a disciplined diet, If you do the math, he only needs to run 1000 kcal below maintenance.

1-2lbs a week is achievable. Cutting out sugar + deserts + lots of lots of veggies. Caloric deficit around 700 per day. When I get below 15% I will up my protein, concentrate on weights, do less cardio so I don`t loose too much muscle.

Going to doctor this Saturday

Ordered some highly recommended literature on the subject…

Sure you can lose 1-2 lbs a week by reducing calories by 50%. You’ll lose some fat, some muscle, and some water weight. All of that weight will not be fat.

Also, how does this person plan on training in such a deficit? If he plans on training hard will definitely be setting himself up to lose even more muscle.

This is probably forty posts too late and not relevant to pharma but if you want more energy maybe try not starving yourself with a massive deficit, train within your recovery means and sleep more/better

3 Likes

That great! Regardless of what people are saying losing 8 lbs of fat in a month is 100% achievable. If you cut out salt and sugars and really tighten youl diet youl probably lose a lot more than that but anything over 8lbd in a month is most likely water and if your losing more than 2 lbs a week you start risking losing muscle. 2lbd of fat a week is 100% possible. Also as far as literature goes I know this is gonna sound crazy but don’t over analyze it. As humans what we do when we want to do something is we read about it an sub consciously pull the information that benifiets are idea. We will analyze shit to the point where we have molded it to work with what we wanted. Some of the best “literature” your going to get is from people with first hand experience… If you could update this once you get your labs I’d be interested to see where you are sitting at. I personally don’t have the experience to recommend cycles etc etc so you won’t get that from me I will say when I think a cycle is a bad idea tho and list better alternatives. But I’d be interested to see if your hormones are causing your fatigue and what not.

Just thought of something else if your gonna be in a 1000 cal a day deficit losing weight be prepared to feel fatigued! Your essentially forcing your body to burn fat for energy this in it self can be tiring to your body… Being in a state of a constant caloric deficit is not easy… I went thru weeks and months sometimes losing weight where I felt tired constantly I felt depressed sometimes but what kept me going was a ultimate goal I had made my mind up and nothing was gonna stop me. You got this man get your labs find out what doc says if your test is naturally fine knock off 8 more pounds and revisit this in a month… Look into natural ways to boost test and energy and stay determined

Muscle loss is not my major concern. Im not a bodybuilder... Im a martial artist. I have quite a bit of physical power and strength already, when compared with many other martial artists in my gym.

What I lack is overall conditioning.
My ultimate goal is to have more energy.

I plan to do this by:
Step 1a: loosing 10% body fat, eating better and staying consistent in the gym.
Step 1b: Add to this, I`m also having my testosterone levels checked soon…

Step 2a). if I am found with low test, I hope to be given it by doc.
Alternate Step 2a). if I have normal testosterone levels, and after 2 months dieting, training at eating as best I can… if I DO NOT see improvements in my energy levels, I will consider Pharma assistance.

Muscle loss is not a major problem to me.
Currently I`m 174lbs at 5 foot 6. Muscular, but 22% fat.

FFMI @22. Not a bodybuilder, but certainly “muscular.”
I seem to grow muscle fairly quickly when below155 lbs.

Likely will take me 3 months to gain 10lbs muscle back from 150 to 160lbs.
My body just seems to want to grow BOTH muscle and fat when its anywhere lower than 160lbs.

Yes, I do feel tired at the gym. Not horrible… I`m doing best I can.
Aprox 70% of my calories are taken in 1 hour before and immediately after the workout.
30% of calories are for diner, and breakfast.

I DO expect to loose SOME muscle. Thats 100% fine with me!

I’m sorry but you are not living in reality if you think you can gain 10 lbs of muscle in three months, at your height/weight.

You may be able to gain 10 lbs, but this will not all be muscle, just like the 15 lbs of fat you want to lose will not all be fat.

Don’t even expect to… I see people say all that time “you can’t cut without losing muscle” or “you can’t build muscle in a caloric deficit” this is utter bullshit! You can without a doubt loose fat and build Muscle at the same time as long as you know what your doing as far as dieting and training… And as far as your concerned this isn’t even part of the equation… Oh and one more thing drugs like test,winny,anavar don’t necessarily guve you energy… Some people claim to take these things the next day they are busting out of thier shirts with an S on thier chest they are lifting school busses and saving children. For me personally I notice an increase libido, water retention, occasional headache, increased appetite, and yes strength gains and size at the gym… I can’t honestly say I get energy from my cycle tho… You know what does give me energy tho. My coffee when I wake up, my pre workout before gym, and lifting weights and FOOD which brings me back to what I previously said if your in a caloric deficit be prepared to feel tired it’s normal!