Advice After 4 Month Bulk for a Skinny Guy

Hello,

Ok, my weight on December, 10th, was 145 lbs with 18 % BF according to my scale. I started a bulk followed by a program change to SL 5x5 as I was doing 5 times a week BB routine and did not grew a lot.

So…

12/10/2011
W : 145 lbs
F : 26 lbs
LM : 119 lbs

03/24/2011
W : 161 lbs
F : 33 lbs
LM : 128

So I gained 9 lbs of lean mass, and 7 lbs of fat.

My strategy is just eating a lot. I eat a lot of pizza, red meat, beef, beef, beef, but also a lot of carbs and fats. I am a hardgainer.

I would like to go 176 lbs but if I continue like this, I guess my BF will go at 23% or something like that, and it may be hard to cut it down.

I just wanna know some advice about this. What is my best option ?

Dude, you need to clean up your diet. Grilled Chicken isn’t that bad. Are you drinking soda? Switch it to water, or low-fat milk if you really want to. 18% is not healthy, let alone 23%. I suggest you maintain your current weight and try to lower your body fat. Try downing nuts as snacks. How tall are you? What is your workout routine? You should work out with maximum intensity. Bottom line: Eat less carbs, that stuff adds up. Do you try shakes? Do you eat ice cream? Booze? The junk food is responsible for your fat, man. Hope this helps.

I am 5’9"

I am doing SL5x5, because I read that this kind of program was the best for beginner and for strength gains

I am not looking into bodybuilding however I feel I am becoming fat, especially around the belly.

I don’t eat ice cream, neither booze, however I don’t know how to maintaing my weight and downing fat.

For my routine, I m clearly “lost” here. 7 weeks into SL5x5 and I feel I m becoming bigger but also lots of fat… I am the exact “skinny fat” : not a good recovery, not broad shoulders, and fat around the belly.

What do you suggest for routine ?

I feel I would like to do something more explosive, don’t know…

[quote]endofallclarity wrote:
Dude, you need to clean up your diet. Grilled Chicken isn’t that bad. Are you drinking soda? Switch it to water, or low-fat milk if you really want to. 18% is not healthy, let alone 23%. I suggest you maintain your current weight and try to lower your body fat. Try downing nuts as snacks. How tall are you? What is your workout routine? You should work out with maximum intensity. Bottom line: Eat less carbs, that stuff adds up. Do you try shakes? Do you eat ice cream? Booze? The junk food is responsible for your fat, man. Hope this helps.[/quote]

2nd that x 1000
“I’m eating a lot of pizza but I dont wanna get fat” - what?
dude, clean up your diet, you can get the same number of calories + macros in by eating clean foods instead of junk like pizza
at 18% BF, I think you should lean out quite a bit first before you bulk - go down to a healthy 12% BF and then bulk up again
But, if you want to keep bulking, you have to switch up your eating to make sure you dont gain any more fat!
try this:

replace all of your proteins with: white chicken meat, lean beef, fish (salmon, tuna), whey around workouts, casein pre-bed, low-fat milk in am and eggs
replace all your carb sources with: brown rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, bananas and berries PWO only
replace all your fats with: fish oil, flax oil, EVOO, avocado
calculate your daily maintenance caloric intake, add 300-500 cals to that
come up with a diet consisting of the foods mentioned above and make sure you hit your daily caloric target (i.e. 300-500 cals + maintenance)
start with 40% prot, 40% carb, 20% fat as macros
work like hell in the gym
do this for 6-8 weeks
come back & let us know how it went

SL is 12 weeks. Finish the cycle, then do another.

And as stated, clean up your diet. lots of articles here.