Advice About the Shut Up Program

I’m about to start the “shut up” program
The Shut Up Program.

The three day verison… and I was wondering what I do after I pass 3 weeks. It tells me

Week 1: 2 sets of 12 reps, resting 1-2 minutes in between each work set

Week 2: 3 sets of 8 reps, resting 1-3 minutes in between each work set

Week 3: 4 sets of 5 reps, resting 1-4 minutes in between each work set

so… what do i do for week 4? just repeat week 3 from then on? Should I just stop after the three weeks and move on to the Total Body Training

Why not just go into the gym and annihilate one or two muscle groups, go home, eat lots of protein and repeat?

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
Why not just go into the gym and annihilate one or two muscle groups, go home, eat lots of protein and repeat?[/quote]

Because then he wouldn’t be spoon fed how to train or have anyone to blame his failures on?

-5000 internet points for lazy reading:

“I’m going to give you a 3-week set/rep scheme which can then be repeated â?? not quite indefinitely, but you should be able to do this routine for 2-4 months without major adjustments.”

and

“On week 4, simply repeat week 1 but use slightly heavier weight (5 lbs is probably fine). Do this entire 3-week routine 3-6 times, but at a minimum, incorporate a deloading week at least every 3 rounds (9 weeks).”

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
Why not just go into the gym and annihilate one or two muscle groups, go home, eat lots of protein and repeat?[/quote]

Because then he wouldn’t be spoon fed how to train or have anyone to blame his failures on?[/quote]
Interesting phenomenon…

You repeat the cycle? Why would you suddenly stop seeing results after several weeks unless you aren’t eating enough?

Slightly off topic, but it really bugs me when some authors confuse newbies/intermediates. Not talking just about that article (which wasn’t THAT confusing), but rather the phase everyone seemed to go through in the 90’s (and has carried on till now) -

“oh, you’ve got to avoid the dreaded ADAPTATION!!! You’re muscles won’t grow after 6 weeks of being on a program…you’ve got to change it up!”

LOL, adaptation is what we’re looking for - muscles adapting to bigger loads/ longer tension.

I respect some aspects of Charles Poliquin’s teachings, but some it is just pure un-necessary and I reckon he was the one who started all the complicated non-sense