Advanced German Volume Training - Started

I’ve done a cycle of gvt and Agvt.
Incredible in my opinion.

A friend and I did the 10x10 version and we also found the standing military press to be a real bear.

Good lord squat days sucked. laugh

Fun program to run though, for a change of pace.

last 2 big workout have been a bit disappointing, front squats and incline press went pretty shitty, especially incline press. although my assistance exercises have still been going up. maybe my CNS in getting fatigued?

I have been getting less sleep then normal though, so ill try to get to bed early tonight and see how squats are tomorrow. if they go shitty to ill take an extra day off to try and rest up before continuing on.

I finished the program and gained quite a bit of strength. Unfortunately, the body comp change i was after didnt work out as well as I had hoped. I did get a bit leaner without loosing much weight at all, but not to the same degree as i had expected.

I would still do this program again in the future once i get my bodyfat down to a better percentage as i did get a little leaner with lots of strength increases.

what kind of strength increases?

Thanks for sharing your experience.
All the best!

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
what kind of strength increases?[/quote]

I havent tested my squatting strength yet as i just had my latest prolotherapy treatment on my knee 2 days ago.

as for upperbody my flat bench press went from 265-285 without even doing flat bench press for almost 3 months. also my weighted chin up went from body+75 lbs to body +90lbs. I weigh about 200-202