Adults Can't Hear Ringtone

That hurt my ears.

[quote]helga wrote:
I havent followed the link so I dont know if this is one huge big joke, but couldnt you achieve the same thing by having the phone on ‘vibrate’ only. Unless teachers now have their hands in their students pants.

Actually, there was a thread about that the other day want there.[/quote]

Another reason to just having your phone set to vibrate, if you have it set to this tone and someone calls during a test and all the kids in the class hear it and look at you, you’re just as busted. My HS didn’t even allow phones in the building much less the classroom.

And I can ‘hear’ it in only one ear, but that goes for most things.

There’s a ringtone that kids can’t hear, too. It’s an adult saying “clean your room, pull up your pants, and get a job”

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Sounds like my old monitor at work. Thats so stupid.[/quote]

It really sounds like a sonicator (used to clean jewelry, glassware, etc.) turned way down or just about any high-pitched noise underwater. I’ve heard bad fuel pumps and power steering pumps make very similar noises as well.

I’m calling shenanigans on this. I just played this for my co-workers who are the ages of late 30s, 40s and 50s. And they could all hear it. And I could hear it too.

Im 19 and can hear it fine, my mom, on the other, thought i was playing a joke on her because she couldnt hear anything

[quote]dre wrote:
I’m calling shenanigans on this. I just played this for my co-workers who are the ages of late 30s, 40s and 50s. And they could all hear it. And I could hear it too. [/quote]

Unless you can check the encoding is in the desired frequency range I’d say the mp3 you have is bogus.

[quote]HogLover wrote:
Yeah, this is like saying all dogs respond to dog whistles. I bought one of those stupid dog whistles to use while training my dog and when I blow the whistle my dog will just continue doing whatever he’s doing and doesn’t appear to hear the stupid thing at all.[/quote]

Your dog is smarter than you think; he can hear it alright! :wink:

31, cannot hear it. But then again I have a high-frequency progressive hearing loss =)