Ads Placement on Mobile Devices

Thank you. I’m not one to complain unless it really is that bad. Like give up and quit bad. And I dont quit anything.

1 Like

Most of them are easily closed for me and not too much of an issue. I have had a few rogue ones though.

I only see ads about 50% of the time, but they are not easily closed. I typically end up opening the advertisement 7-8 times attempting to hit the (x). This is probably a mix of there being a very small click box to close it and my fat fingers.
Edit:
This is only on mobile, no issues with ads on PC (easily closed).

Thanks, Chris. I’ve had a handful of ads in the past week that don’t let me close them. I have to force close my browser app and reopen the forum to get t the REPLY button.

I’m an Android user.

1 Like

I’m android too, potentially the problem.

1 Like

On Android, use Opera browser and tick the disable popups and adds box, works a treat! Also it’s built in VPN works well to get around Netflix’s stupid restrictions here in Australia

2 Likes

Cheers!

1 Like

T Nation! You’re now deploying two ads at one time?

Cant wait to see what’s next.

A crying baby ad just about gave me a heart attack with the crying. It’s like a horror movie on my phone. I never know when something’s going to pop up and scare the shit out of me. Make it stop.

Please.

This is only cool one month of the year :jack_o_lantern:

My ads are invisible now. I can see the X but the rest of the box is a ghost.

I don’t know if this is related to the ads, but this issue has popped up in the same timeframe. I use a PC at work to play on the forum (don’t tell anyone), and I’ll be typing my post and then the cursor disappears and my keystrokes start executing screen commands. I’ll hit a key and it’ll jump to the top or bottom of the page or change the page altogether. I click back in my text box and start typing again, and then it’ll do it again 12 seconds later.

Anyone else experience this quirk? I’m using the new Microsoft Edge browser.

Edit: figured out my problem. I have a weird key on the keyboard that I keep hitting accidentally. It looks like it has a piece off paper on it. I hate it.

I would pay for a premium account or version that gets rid of ads.

1 Like

I have an iPhone 8. When I open an article I get two ads per page. I can X out of one, but the other ad ‘folllws’ me as I scroll up or down and I am unable to read the article. Restarting phone does not work. Frustrating.

Does anyone else have the bottom tool bar block most of the Text input box and especially the reply button??? Ipad. If I turn horizontal, I can generally force it through.

Yes, it has done that to me too