so in the last 6 months i’ve noticed my strength drop significantly
bench went from 195x4-165x1
deadlift went from 370 to 300
atg squat went from 230-180
from completely stupid programming and shit diet
even now, i have no energy and my face looks flushed and worn out
i’ve lost about 15 pounds.
my max box jump went from 38 inches to 30
is there anyway to dig myself out of the hole i put myself in?
i stopped taking caffeine and started sleeping more

questions
1)how do i gain muscle weight back, without so much added fat
2)how can i regain my strength?

You answered your questions. Fix the diet and get on proven program.

Every strength/physique sport is about consistency. Some people may grow faster off the bat than others but given time it is the person who wants it more that comes out on top.

If it’s easy it probably isn’t going to make you better; remind yourself this every day.

Been to the doctor yet? Even the worst “shit” programming and diet doesn’t do that; at worst, you’d just stay the same without making more progress.

I’ve moved since this thread: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/building_a_home_gym_on_a_budget?id=3741362&pageNo=3
My equipment is all over the place, but I’m currently trying to get it all put together, although space is a bit of an issue, but necessity is the mother f#in invention… or somethin like that.

[quote]flch95 wrote:
Been to the doctor yet? Even the worst “shit” programming and diet doesn’t do that; at worst, you’d just stay the same without making more progress. [/quote]

I agree. With the lost weight unintentionaly, it could be a “real” disease, including full blown auto-immune adrenal failure.

Take time to rest. Listen to your body when it whispers before you can hear it scream.

I would def see a doctor.

What’s your alcohol/drug intake like?
Have you looked into adaptogens like ashwaganda?

hey thanks for all the replies
1)i drink socially, so once every 2 weeks and it might be 2 or 3 beers
2)to be honest, i think i solved my problem by just eating alot more food this week, and sleeping
i went back to train the military press (5/3/1) and felt amazing.

[quote]OHP4LIFE wrote:
2)to be honest, i think i solved my problem by just eating alot more food this week, and sleeping
i went back to train the military press (5/3/1) and felt amazing.[/quote]

If 531 works for your military do it for the other lifts bench-squat-dead. If my strength was dropping like that I would take some time off and get my training squared away. My strength didnt drop like that when I was dieting for bodybuilding shows and I’m a natty. Implement the deload from 531 every time it says to. listen to your body your strength should always be going (at least a little bit) UP. When in doubt EAT MORE!! Good luck

i think the bigger question is how you can bench 370 but only squat 280

[quote]tork94 wrote:
i think the bigger question is how you can bench 370 but only squat 280[/quote]

And I think the better question is what you’ve been smoking.

[quote]OHP4LIFE wrote:

Good stuff. I have felt pretty run down lately so I may do the same. Sadly I often jump on herbal supplements when I know deep down that the issue can be solved with diet and sleep.

[quote]setto222 wrote:

[quote]OHP4LIFE wrote:

Good stuff. I have felt pretty run down lately so I may do the same. Sadly I often jump on herbal supplements when I know deep down that the issue can be solved with diet and sleep. [/quote]

Kind of a derail here, but do they work?

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:

[quote]setto222 wrote:

[quote]OHP4LIFE wrote:

Good stuff. I have felt pretty run down lately so I may do the same. Sadly I often jump on herbal supplements when I know deep down that the issue can be solved with diet and sleep. [/quote]

Kind of a derail here, but do they work?[/quote]

In my opinion: yes. Could be purely placebo but I found my mood and libido improve when I take adaptogens.