Adrenal Fatigue

I was diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue last Feb. (from Saliva and Urine testing). What are the best supplements to take for this? Doc put me on a bunch of NeuroScience stuff, but I’m not sure it’s helping. I’ve been experimenting with some Magnessium and 5-htp. Thanks in advance.

vit c for sure, bunch of other thing to try as well. article above is great.

also check out the book - adrenal fatigue by james l. wilson

first get dhea up to normal range then add pregnenolone to help with cortisol.

What steps have you taken to fix yourself?

Just popping pills?

Hello, thanks for the replies. I have James Wilson’s “21st Centery Stress Syndrome” book and find it somewhat helpful. I guess I’m just looking for suggestions on personal experience and what has helped others. I’m usually OK until about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Then I am all out of whack with headaches and fatigue. I think I might also have some tension headaches as well. I would like to try and workout more, but it seems like that makes things worse. I will also read the article above.

One more question… How much Vit C do you take and what brand?
Thanks

• AOR ortho adapt OR southland performance revamp

• vitamin c (w/bioflavonoids) 1g 3-4x a day

• 400mg magnesium

• high potency b complex plus additional 500mg b5

• ashwagandha, rhodiola, siberian ginseng

• phosphatidylserine and melatonin help tremendously to sleep at night

[quote]ActionJ wrote:
One more question… How much Vit C do you take and what brand?
Thanks
[/quote]

Just go to Trader Joe’s and get synergistic c Vitamin C complex. It has the right ratio of vit C and bioflavonoids. 2-1.

As far as experience. What helped me was -
No Caffeine - This will be hard at first if your used to having a lot of it.
SLEEP - Get a lot of it. I was sleeping at least 8 hours a night and then taking around 2 hour naps as well. Try to go to sleep early so you can get a lot of sleep and wake up around 9:00 AM and can eat by 10:00AM.
Don’t Stress - Try not to stress over stuff and do relaxing things that you enjoy to help you de-stress. Meditate, read a good book, watch funny movies/shows - laughing is good.
Don’t wake up to an alarm clock - Just wake up naturally if you can.
Eat before 10AM. Eat a good mix of carbs, fat, protein for each meal. DO NOT fast.
I’m pretty sure I heard that your workouts should be as quick as possible and not have too much volume. Focus on strength and getting in and out of the gym as quick as possible.
Adaptogens - I just used Biotest’s rhodiola.

Read that article I linked though. It has a bunch of great advice. I learned most of this from John Meadows anyway.

I had a bout of this (maybe not as bad) I got my from overdosing with caffeine for a long period of time (coffee industry, shows will do that to you).

I slept like crazy, and I mean like being awake for MAYBE 15 hours total on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday. After that, I was in good shape.

Like I said, mine may not have been really bad, but I tackled it right away.

Uhmm what exactly were you diagnosed with and by whom ?

Because according to the MayoClinic

“Adrenal fatigue is a term applied to a collection of nonspecific symptoms, such as body aches, fatigue, nervousness, sleep disturbances and digestive problems. The term often shows up in popular health books and on alternative medicine websites, but it isn’t an accepted medical diagnosis.”

So im not exactly sure if a real doctor would diagnose you with something that isnt a real thing

I mean it could be Addison’s disease which is a REAL disease, but that would have a specific treatment.

[quote]dcm1602 wrote:

“Adrenal fatigue is a term applied to a collection of nonspecific symptoms, such as body aches, fatigue, nervousness, sleep disturbances and digestive problems. The term often shows up in popular health books and on alternative medicine websites, but it isn’t an accepted medical diagnosis.”

So im not exactly sure if a real doctor would diagnose you with something that isnt a real thing

I mean it could be Addison’s disease which is a REAL disease, but that would have a specific treatment. [/quote]

Lemme guess – you just Googled “adrenal fatigue” because you didn’t know what it was?

I’m guessing that because anyone even remotely familiar with the topic knows that there are numerous “real” doctors out there who DO feel that it is a “real thing”.

I am someone who fit the criteria for adrenal fatigue some time back (with labs that corroborated my symptoms). I addressed it using lifestyle modifications and supplements that are recommended for those who have adrenal fatigue and, using these specific recommendations for that specific condition, managed to “cure” myself.

Numerous other people have been where I’ve been and have seen results doing what I’ve done.

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]dcm1602 wrote:

I mean it could be Addison’s disease which is a REAL disease, but that would have a specific treatment. [/quote]

Lemme guess – you just Googled “adrenal fatigue” because you didn’t know what it was?

I’m guessing that because anyone even remotely familiar with the topic knows that there are numerous “real” doctors out there who DO feel that it is a “real thing”.

I am someone who fit the criteria for adrenal fatigue some time back (with labs that corroborated my symptoms). I addressed it using lifestyle modifications and supplements that are recommended for those who have adrenal fatigue and, using these specific recommendations for that specific condition, managed to “cure” myself.

Numerous other people have been where I’ve been and have seen results doing what I’ve done.[/quote]

Nah ive done the EC stack before (several times), and since Adrenal Fatigue often comes up (when researching sides and interactions) Ive looked into it.

Read up on your response in the other thread, definitely appreciated.

You won’t cure any adrenal fatigue / chronic stress / lifestyle disease just with supplements, no matter how much they wreck your system, even if Dr Wilson tries to sell his products (which are not so bad in fact but totally expensive and slightly not honest about the goals / objectives).

You need a plan.

That plan will be changing your lifestyle. First, you need to slightly deload your lifts, they are not the main culprit, but… they won’t help.

Well, no, let’s do it again. First, you need to get f’ rid of all the CNS stimulants, especially caffeine, etc… Try to cut coffee / caffeine intake, you will need some OTC painkillers (without caffeine of course, smarty) to kill the headaches the first week then you ll be fine.

Then, assess your lifestyle, especially the stress you’re under, the pressure you take, and learn to :

• work what you feel you can work : work should not be a continuous everyday effort. If your workload is too high, then start to decrease it. Guess what ? You get paid more (hourly rate) if you work less. Yiipii, full win. Good idea : look at your coworkers who feel great, happy, etc and their workload. Adapt.

• Fix every relationship that need to be fixed, that means relationships that cause trouble in your life

• Get some sleep. Sleep more, more and more.

• Get some vacation, where you won’t lift, nothing, you need them. You need to rest.

• Get a rythm. Fix a rythm for weeks and weekends and keep it. Sleep 8 hours of good sleep (that means go to sleep before midnight…)

• Eat a bit more salty if you can. Eat more regulary, smaller meals. (I mean it.)

• Sleep (again)

• Lift with less volume / intensity for a while. Keep exercising, but don’t put too much effort into it as you need to recover.

• You can now think about taking some supplements like Vit C and a good multivit. Take shitloads of vit C, start by 1g / day, then 2, go up to 3 / 4. At some point you will get the shits. Then reduce the dosage to a controlled amount (it may be 1 g… not a pb)

That’s something like a plan.

As I stated in my first post, I did the saliva and Urine test. I guess it depends on which doctor you talk to, if Adrenal fatigue is real or not. There is a lot of debate out there if Adrenal Fatigue is a real diagnosis. I’ve seen over 30 doctors in the last 3 years and this is the only diagnosis I have received. Other than low T which I am doing injections for. The same doc that put me on T injections did the Urine and Saliva test. I also just started 7Keto DHEA 50mg every morning. Hope this helps some of my issues.

Is there a good Dr for this in the D/FW Texas area?