Adrenal Fatigue/Thyroid?

Okay, so I developed problems with my thyroid and adrenal glands in 2006, and just now have gotten on the proper medication/hormones to reverse it.

I’m hoping by summer 2009, I will be able to fully start lifting weights and building my body up. It is the most frustrating thing to want to do something, but your body won’t allow it. I’ve tried doing it anyway, just to push myself, and the after results are just not worth it.

Luckily my body seems to be healing rather rapidly with lots of hydrocortisone, thyroid hormones, korean ginseng, lots of sleep and relaxation, and eating healthy.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had experience with either of these problems? I get so upset that I can’t work out, because I really have the discipline and determination to get a killer bod.

So just let me know :slight_smile:

I’ve heard that Siberian Ginseng is good for the Adrenals.

But I’ve never had any serious health problems to speak of.

You may want to consider training just 2 or 3 times a week if recovery is an issue.

What does your doctor giving you the drugs say?

Yeah, I take all types of ginseng and other adaptogens, they have helped LOTS. And you are so blessed not to have had any health problems. I can’t believe I’m only 19 years old and have these problems at such a young age. So surreal…

There are several protocols we use in biosignature modulation designed to treat the thyroid and adrenals. The first thing to consider is what is causing it.

If your cortisol is too high it will interfere with production of di-iodinase and therefor effect your body’s ability to make active T3. It has been hypothesized that 75% of ailments can be treated by treating the adrenals.

Is your cortisol too high or too low? What was wrong with your thyroid. Sometimes an often forgot aspect of thyroid function is gut health. fixing the gut can all but correct hashimoto’s thyroid disorder in most cases and a healthy gut is absolutely necessasary in terms of your body’s ability to make and use hormones.

My cortisol was high during 2004-2005, then crashed in 2006 and has been burnt out ever since. I’m on 25 mg of hydrocortisone a day now. My thyroid is hypo, meaning low functioning. I currently take 3.5 grains of armour thyroid for it.

And how do you go about fixing your gut?, just in case that may be a factor and I guess it wouldn’t hurt either way. Thanks for the helpful response =)

75% of ailments can be treated by adressing the adrenals? so does that mean juicing is like a cure-all elixir? (assuming you arent taking so much its actually causing other problems in itself)

Another thing that is crucial for rebuilding the adrenals is Pantathine, I would take 250 mg with breakfast and lunch. I would also add Taurine in later in the day (somewhere around 3-5 grams taken after 2 PM) and glycine 3 grams under your tounge with each meal.

Keep Vit C high (about 1.5grams tid would be a good dose) and limit volume and duration of workouts. For thyroid, Armour is a great med…much better choice than synthroid that doctors usually Rx.

I will work best if you split the dose between breakfast and lunch and chew it up. To fix the gut I would recommend starting with an elimination diet (get rid of all allergens) you can determine allergic foods with the LEAP MRT test (your doctor can order this)

then 3x daily Have a coctail of aloe juice, glutamine, di-glycerated licorice and marshmellow root after a couple of weeks I would add in a good probiotic at night with your last meal then depending on if you test positive for metal toxicity (a common cause of thyroid disorders) begin a specific detox protocol to remove the metal causing the problem.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
75% of ailments can be treated by adressing the adrenals? so does that mean juicing is like a cure-all elixir? (assuming you arent taking so much its actually causing other problems in itself)[/quote]

Surely you are referring to steroids and not JUICE from fruits and vegtables and unfortunately no, steroids (some in particular) have been shown to lower the number of cortisol receptors and circulating cortisol and adrenal fatigue is often, as is the case here, from too low of cortisol so this would not fix the problem.

1 Like

[quote]laroyal wrote:
Another thing that is crucial for rebuilding the adrenals is Pantathine, I would take 250 mg with breakfast and lunch. I would also add Taurine in later in the day (somewhere around 3-5 grams taken after 2 PM) and glycine 3 grams under your tounge with each meal.

Keep Vit C high (about 1.5grams tid would be a good dose) and limit volume and duration of workouts. For thyroid, Armour is a great med…much better choice than synthroid that doctors usually Rx.

I will work best if you split the dose between breakfast and lunch and chew it up. To fix the gut I would recommend starting with an elimination diet (get rid of all allergens) you can determine allergic foods with the LEAP MRT test (your doctor can order this) then 3x daily

Have a coctail of aloe juice, glutamine, di-glycerated licorice and marshmellow root after a couple of weeks I would add in a good probiotic at night with your last meal then depending on if you test positive for metal toxicity (a common cause of thyroid disorders) begin a specific detox protocol to remove the metal causing the problem. [/quote]

Wow, I will 100% surely do all the above you told me. That sounds like an amazing plan.

I did take a test and they said the only toxic metal I was high in was aluminum. Is that a really bad one?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

Agreed, however, since the OP is on a chronic course of corticosteroids, a replacement dose of testostrerone (assuming his is low, which would be revealed by a blood test) might be a good idea to stave off reduced bone mineral density.

BBB[/quote]

This is huge and something I may be dealing with.

Also, don’t forget long term immune suppression from chronic coritcosteroid use.

I am no doctor, but personally I feel the adrenals and thyroid could be better managed with propper nutrition and supplementation and most of all REST! I do realize some situations necessitate the use of cortiosteroids but, I think generally speaking doctors are too quick to hand these out without looking at what caused the problem in the first place. As pointed out above the long term effects can really stir up a whole new mess of problems when things could really have been fixed both short and long term with a little more attention to cause and consideration of natural alternatives. Make no mistake I am not directing my comments at the poster but, rather the lot of medical practitioners who look for a quick fix with little or no consideration given to long term health. I am not sure where the OP is located but, I would suggest finding a good functional medicine practitioner.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
75% of ailments can be treated by adressing the adrenals? so does that mean juicing is like a cure-all elixir? (assuming you arent taking so much its actually causing other problems in itself)[/quote]

Dude, 100% of ailments can be treated by addressing the adrenals. Some of them just work ‘better’ than others.

Thanks for the concern. But I spent 2.5 years from 2006-half of 2008 trying everything you can imagine. Licorice root, adrenal extracts, adaptogens, homeopathic concoctions… I promise, you name it, I tried it. There is no way I’d be doing as well as I am right now if I weren’t on the hydrocortisone. It has basically brought me back from the dead, and I’ll take a chance with the long term effects because if I weren’t to stay on the hydrocortisone, my life would be useless anyway because I would never even have the opportunity to live a life.

I didn’t leave my room for 6 months basically, except to occasionally drive my mom to get groceries. My anxiety was so overwhelmingly bad that I could not be near people or be in public. Now, those feelings have almost completely diminished after being on hydrocortisone for 6 months.

I plan on weaning off as soon as I can, as I understand there are risks involved, but it was just a chance I had to take that has been a miracle for me. I think my adrenals were completely burnt out, and that’s why the only thing that could work was the hormone itself.

So once again, thanks for the concern, and I do plan on getting off of it as soon as I can, which is hopefully very soon God willing.

Another thing that can cause high anxiety, along with hypothyroid, is an adrenal adenoma…we think my mother has this (along with a dead thyroid). It’s called Conn’s Syndrome.

If she doesn’t have aldosterone blocked, she has insane anxiety and super high blood pressure. They are trying to locate the adenoma right now.

http://www.nature.com/ncpendmet/journal/v1/n2/full/ncpendmet0047.html

Good luck.

BBB you are quite the connoisseur of every topic under the sun.

Do you happen to own all the encyclopedia’s from A-Z :slight_smile:

Amazing knowledge.