Adjustable DB's

[quote]Mr.Purple wrote:
DJS wrote:
makes sense to me to not have free weights on a rolling ship. but fyi… I have the ironmasters as well. I like them a lot.

You just have to store them properly when not in use, that’s all.[/quote]

I was thinking more along the lines of a rouge wave mid set. Yikes! :wink:

[quote]humanjhawkins wrote:
HypertroPHd wrote:
i own both the powerblock 130s and the ironmaster 120s- I say the ironamsters r much better to that hardcore mentality us heavy lifters have. I think the powerblock feels a little more balanced and is a little faster to change, but also kinda seem to delicate to drop. with the ironmaster, u will require more stabilzer strength in my opinion.they do not rattle and u could slam the $#!^ out of em after a good heavy set. I vote Ironmaster.

Most adjustable dumbbell sets (at least the cheap ones) effectively require you to have the base tray that comes with them, as it holds the plates in position so you can drop the handle in and adjust them. This is a major drawback as far as portability (and an even more major drawback with the cheap brands that have a plastic base.

From the looks of it, the powerblocks don’t have this problem. Is this true?

Thanks![/quote]

nah, they actually dont have that issue. i train people at parks and universities, so i am subjected to change em in the sand or on my soft seat in my car and its no problem. its as if the highest weight setting (ie the 130lber) is the trey or the 90 or 55 or whatever your highest setting is. hope my answer is what u were lookin 4, if any questions let me know.