Adios

We will miss you both TB and SMH. You guys add a lot to the discussions, but we all understand.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]smh23 wrote:
Not to steal any of TB’s thunder (bad pun), but as chance would have it I, too, will be taking my leave. An irresistible opportunity has arisen and it will be taking me far away and consuming most of my life, immediately. I will have almost no time to lift, let alone try to keep up in an argument with you fine folks–an endeavor in which I’m only halfway successful even on my freest days. I do hope to check in from time to time somewhere down the line.

It’s been a pleasure and I’ve learned more here than in any classroom I’ve wandered through in all these years. I am also happy to report that many of you have tugged me to the right on a number of issues, and I consider myself a smarter person for it. Thanks very much, and the very best of luck to one and all.[/quote] Will you still be using that email address you posted. (I took the liberty of noting it when you threw it up here a couple weeks ago. I owe you a response that I had fully intended to deliver =]. I won’t bother you if you say no. In any case I have enjoyed our sometimes tense, but never nasty interactions. You will continue in our prayers.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:
Not to steal any of TB’s thunder (bad pun), but as chance would have it I, too, will be taking my leave. An irresistible opportunity has arisen and it will be taking me far away and consuming most of my life, immediately. I will have almost no time to lift, let alone try to keep up in an argument with you fine folks–an endeavor in which I’m only halfway successful even on my freest days. I do hope to check in from time to time somewhere down the line.

It’s been a pleasure and I’ve learned more here than in any classroom I’ve wandered through in all these years. I am also happy to report that many of you have tugged me to the right on a number of issues, and I consider myself a smarter person for it. Thanks very much, and the very best of luck to one and all.[/quote] Will you still be using that email address you posted. (I took the liberty of noting it when you threw it up here a couple weeks ago. I owe you a response that I had fully intended to deliver =]. I won’t bother you if you say no. In any case I have enjoyed our sometimes tense, but never nasty interactions. You will continue in our prayers.
[/quote]

Yessir, fire away. I will say though that I have no idea how often I’ll even have access to the internet–but I’ll respond to whatever I see. And indeed, our interactions have always been good despite our profound disagreements.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Good luck, Smh. Check in with us from time to time and give us an update on what’s happening.[/quote]

Will do Push. I will miss our spirited battles in particular. And on that note I’ve got packin’ to do, farewell to all.

[quote]smh23 wrote:
Not to steal any of TB’s thunder (bad pun), but as chance would have it I, too, will be taking my leave. An irresistible opportunity has arisen and it will be taking me far away and consuming most of my life, immediately. I will have almost no time to lift, let alone try to keep up in an argument with you fine folks–an endeavor in which I’m only halfway successful even on my freest days. I do hope to check in from time to time somewhere down the line.

It’s been a pleasure and I’ve learned more here than in any classroom I’ve wandered through in all these years. I am also happy to report that many of you have tugged me to the right on a number of issues, and I consider myself a smarter person for it. Thanks very much, and the very best of luck to one and all.[/quote]

What is it around here? The bubonic plague or something?

Both Smh and TB going is sad news for PWI in IMO.

Hope both of you come back to this sub-forum sometime in the future.

FINALLY!!!

LOL

[quote]Professor X wrote:
FINALLY!!!

LOL[/quote]

Two leave and PX joins in. I dont think that was a good trade.

LOL

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
FINALLY!!!

LOL[/quote]

Two leave and PX joins in. I dont think that was a good trade.

LOL[/quote]

LOL…I was here when many of them first joined.

This forum bored me to tears after that last Bush election.

I am only here now because I do like the religious diversity that seems to be here now…and want to pick some brains.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
FINALLY!!!

LOL[/quote]

Two leave and PX joins in. I dont think that was a good trade.

LOL[/quote]

LOL…I was here when many of them first joined.

This forum bored me to tears after that last Bush election.

I am only here now because I do like the religious diversity that seems to be here now…and want to pick some fights.[/quote]

I fixed that for ya. I am just kidding.

Best of luck to you both.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
The only way to leave PWI is to stop cold turkey. You can not just peek in now and again because it will suck you back in. It is a drug.[/quote]

THIS. is true…

Isn’t this kind of the equivalent of people on Facbeook telling people that they are about to start deleting friends? Really looks like nothing but a desperate cry for attention to me…I remember some chick got read the riot act for pulling this exact same thing in SAMA not too long ago…

If he really was that near and dear to everyone/s hearts, wouldn’t he have your e-mail address to tell you individually?

I guess I’m just a bit confused about why anyone would feel the need to announce their departure from a sub-forum of a weightlifting site.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Isn’t this kind of the equivalent of people on Facbeook telling people that they are about to start deleting friends? Really looks like nothing but a desperate cry for attention to me…I remember some chick got read the riot act for pulling this exact same thing in SAMA not too long ago…

If he really was that near and dear to everyone/s hearts, wouldn’t he have your e-mail address to tell you individually?

I guess I’m just a bit confused about why anyone would feel the need to announce their departure from a sub-forum of a weightlifting site.[/quote]

I’d bet a fair sum there’s quite a few folks who would drive iron spikes through both their knees while munching on unsalted Mensa cards if it meant you’d honestly start a similar thread.[/quote]

I prefer my Mensa Cards salted.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

OOOO OOOO OOOO, ME FIRST!! PICK ME!!!

I’ve been sittin on our last conversation a long time Doc. Don’t take that the wrong way, I’ll always be your buddy. Ya know that don’t ya?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:<<< Really looks like nothing but a desperate cry for attention to me >>>[/quote]You really are sumthin else man. Neither one of these guys has given any justification whatsoever for the charge of attention hound. Thunderbolt I’ve known here for YEARS and smh23 has offered nothing but substantive worthy dialog (with me anyway) even when it got tense a few times. [quote]VTBalla34 wrote:<<< If he really was that near and dear to everyone/s hearts, wouldn’t he have your e-mail address to tell you individually? [/quote] What possible adult reason could you have for wondering something so inane and infantile? Are you really this bored? Or angry?[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:<<< I guess I’m just a bit confused about why anyone would feel the need to announce their departure from a sub-forum of a weightlifting site.[/quote] For the same reason anybody would inform people they know and have interacted with ANYWHERE that they wouldn’t be doing it anymore? Common courtesy? Lord help me, I think I suffered brain damage by merely addressing this post. I just can’t believe that you’re not better than this.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Are you really this bored? Or angry?
[/quote]

I pick angry.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.