T Nation

ADHD

Does anyone know someone with adhd or do any t nation members have it? How was it growing up with it? And how was it treated and how late or early did you get it diagnosed?

I think i have it but i cannot have it diagnosed as it will have the potential of disqualifying me from the army.

it’s bullshit.

i have attention def-

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
I think i have it but i cannot have it diagnosed as it will have the potential of disqualifying me from the army.

it’s bullshit.[/quote]

…Well, that’s one more reason I’m not going to the doctor.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
I think i have it but i cannot have it diagnosed as it will have the potential of disqualifying me from the army.

it’s bullshit.[/quote]

You don’t have ADHD, you just need to calm the fuck down.

Wanna MMF now?

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
I think i have it but i cannot have it diagnosed as it will have the potential of disqualifying me from the army.

it’s bullshit.[/quote]

I’ve gone to the recruiter. And he said I had to be “clean” of my meds for 3 months minimum… They are basically just making sure you aren’t a whacko without them.

[quote]StrongSurvive wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:
I think i have it but i cannot have it diagnosed as it will have the potential of disqualifying me from the army.

it’s bullshit.

I’ve gone to the recruiter. And he said I had to be “clean” of my meds for 3 months minimum… They are basically just making sure you aren’t a whacko without them. [/quote]

I think we’re all crazy without drugs.

ADHD is bullshit. Nothing a swift kick in the ass won’t cure.

I think ADHD does exist, however probably in less than 10% of the people who are diagnosed with it.

The pharm companies can be pretty shrewd. “Hey! People don’t like studying and actually applying their brain towards a specific task. Let’s make a socially acceptable ‘condition’ that we can medicate!”. I write this in a kidding manner but this is actually how it happened. Same with “Social Anxiety Disorder” and Paxil.

I can’t wait for the next one. 100 bucks says its “Lipolysis Aversion Disorder” (LAD), and a drug will be created for all the lazy fatasses in the world

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
I think ADHD does exist, however probably in less than 10% of the people who are diagnosed with it.

The pharm companies can be pretty shrewd. “Hey! People don’t like studying and actually applying their brain towards a specific task. Let’s make a socially acceptable ‘condition’ that we can medicate!”. I write this in a kidding manner but this is actually how it happened. Same with “Social Anxiety Disorder” and Paxil.

I can’t wait for the next one. 100 bucks says its “Lipolysis Aversion Disorder” (LAD), and a drug will be created for all the lazy fatasses in the world [/quote]

I agree with that. Sometimes you just need to sit on your fucking ass and stop with all the information overload. Dont go on t-forum, no tv, no anything. Study for a couple of hours. It is hard to disconnect but it feels good after. Just like training

Or be the equivalent of an obese person in your head

[quote]Hyena wrote:
ADHD is bullshit. Nothing a swift kick in the ass won’t cure.[/quote]

x2

The problem is that the cure becomes worse than the disease.

Everyone i have ever known to start using Adderall etc find it very hard to function without it now.

I think I have it. I have the attention span of a nat (knat?) and have real trouble focusing on things as simple as those weekly grocery store ads. I dread going through them because they seem so… disorganized. I had a lot of trouble learning in school and everyone said it was the artistic temperament.

I remember trying to learn a foreign language (German) in a classroom setting and I just couldn’t do it the way everyone else was doing it. I remember thinking ‘I have to see the word written out, see how it’s used in an actual sentence… to understand the present, past and future tense…’ It was like I just couldn’t get it without a lot of extra info and I needed visuals.

Nobody else seemed to be having the trouble I was having. Had the same problem trying to learn French when I was younger. Always, I’d be the only one and always, I knew it was something other than stupidity. I’ve always learned differently and traditional methods that work for most are a waste of time for me.

i was diagnosed with it when i was a lot younger, I would fight & move around a lot & not pay attention at all in class,i think it was 2nd grade ,the doctor recommended i take ridilin(however the fuck you spell it), i was on it for a lil bit, but then i started to eat a lot less, so i was taken off, a few years ago, sophomore year n high school, i was put on some other stuff, idk what the fuck it was, i forgot(part of the ADHD problem), but i didnt feel comfortable taking drugs, so i quickly stopped, anyways ass-kicking, mind-blowing, coochie-penetrating work outs, eatin good & fish oil are the cure for me

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

You don’t have ADHD, you just need to calm the fuck down.

Wanna MMF now?
[/quote]

yeah, i’m in control. i’m in control. I’M IN CONTROL BABY!

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
DOHCrazy wrote:

You don’t have ADHD, you just need to calm the fuck down.

Wanna MMF now?

yeah, i’m in control. i’m in control. I’M IN CONTROL BABY!

[/quote]

Your avatar shows that.

END SARCASM!!!

[quote]SirenSong61 wrote:
I think I have it. I have the attention span of a nat (knat?) and have real trouble focusing on things as simple as those weekly grocery store ads. I dread going through them because they seem so… disorganized. I had a lot of trouble learning in school and everyone said it was the artistic temperament.

I remember trying to learn a foreign language (German) in a classroom setting and I just couldn’t do it the way everyone else was doing it. I remember thinking ‘I have to see the word written out, see how it’s used in an actual sentence… to understand the present, past and future tense…’ It was like I just couldn’t get it without a lot of extra info and I needed visuals. Nobody else seemed to be having the trouble I was having. Had the same problem trying to learn French when I was younger. Always, I’d be the only one and always, I knew it was something other than stupidity. I’ve always learned differently and traditional methods that work for most are a waste of time for me.[/quote]

You sound an awful lot like my youngest daughter (9). I’m in the midst of having her diagnosed by a pediatrician. She also has the attention span of a fruit fly, forgets shit all the time, is socially awkward, can talk for Canada, etc., etc. She really struggles in school without extra attention. I spend a lot of my time teaching her at home and trying to figure out how she learns best. The other night she was crying saying that all the other kids seem to understand immediately what they are supposed to do in school and she doesn’t.

I’m very resistant to medication such as ritalin and adderal. I don’t like the idea of giving a child stimulants. I’m just looking for ways around it. All it means to me is that she learns differently and we have to figure it out. So far it’s pretty tiring.

I know someone with it and a kick in the ass won’t stop his twitches and other shit it makes him do. However he downloaded a test for me to take, fiftey questions. What I got out of it was if you are routine oriented or have any “weird” superstitions you have it…yea right. I feel for the people who have it but I think everyone shows some of the symptoms in everyday life. My2c.

I should try to get the link for it and paste it.

Yep I totaly fucking have it. It was ADHD when I was younger, and then the hyperactivity part mostly went away as an adult.

Im going to tell the truth here… I’m not whining or anything. OP asked and I am answering. Growing up my parents and teachers didn’t know what to make of it. They thought I was crazy, or just a bad kid and that’s how I was treated. They punished me for things I did because I have ADD, and it went untreated and undiagnosed.

So I had the worst high school and college grades ever, and now I have no skills and no career.

It’s weird because in some cases it almost seems like a talent. I think very very well on my feet. In motion or in a high action situation I perform brilliantly.
But sitting in a quiet room in front of a fucking piece of paper trying to take a test with some tool breathing down my neck and expected to remember a bunch of boring shit, forget it.

So there it is. belch

-icite hyperactive disorder.

sorry. got distracted.