T Nation

Adex Subtitute

I’m planning for my next cycle soon. However, I can’t seem to find adex or any AI for that matter. My question is, can I use nolvadex/clomid as a substitute for adex to prevent gyno during a cycle?

Thanks

Using a serm in place of an ai isnt really a good idea what are you running?

[quote]kenny-mccormick wrote:
Using a serm in place of an ai isnt really a good idea what are you running?[/quote]

dianabol
test enth
tren ace
gh

That cycle is more advanced then what im running but Id run an AI if it were me or atleast have it incase. Who wants bitch tits?

[quote]moeabdol wrote:
I’m planning for my next cycle soon. However, I can’t seem to find adex or any AI for that matter. My question is, can I use nolvadex/clomid as a substitute for adex to prevent gyno during a cycle?

Thanks[/quote]

you can’t even locate any research chems?

one other option during cycle would be Proviron, although that’s kinda pricey now…

running dbol without an AI is a recipe for disaster

since shadow pro advocates a low dose of nolva instead of an ai, why are we not recommending that to him? Not that what shadow says is gold or anything but I feel more inclined to trust him since he’s been in this game way longer and is more experienced than anyone on here im sure.

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
since shadow pro advocates a low dose of nolva instead of an ai, why are we not recommending that to him? Not that what shadow says is gold or anything but I feel more inclined to trust him since he’s been in this game way longer and is more experienced than anyone on here im sure. [/quote]

Got to admit, as much as I love our resident Olympian, I just can’t get on board with that.

Unless I am wrong about how nolva works (which is highly likely) then I don’t think it will reduce systemic E. I mean sure, it’ll stop gyno (any SERM will) but as we all know there’s more to high E than just gyno.

Titties are one thing, a hepatic adenoma is another entirely…

^what he said.

a SERM simply prevents estrogen from binding to the estrogen receptor, an AI prevents the conversion from testosterone to estrogen.

part of the key to recovering from a cycle, is minimizing estrogen levels in PCT… high testosterone levels are suppressive to the HPTA, but high estrogen levels are even worse.

it’s also not uncommon to hear of people that get gyno after PCT, and this can easily be prevented by simply lowering estrogen.

yeah i totally agree, I was just saying i would be more inclined to trust an Olympian, but then again common sense does tell me to use an a.i. so I guess i’ll stick to what works

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
yeah i totally agree, I was just saying i would be more inclined to trust an Olympian, but then again common sense does tell me to use an a.i. so I guess i’ll stick to what works[/quote]

i mean no disrespect to Shadow, but i think the point needs to be made: very few pro athletes are “normal” guys… most have genetic advantages that they were able to take advantage to become successful.

he stated he’s never had gyno (or cholesterol or blood pressure problems), and stays on moderate doses of AAS for 9 months out of the year… that is simply not normal.

ehh, i don’t consider that to be very rare either, im on 600mg tren, 400mg test a wk and bp has never been better, i have added in cardio every day so that i feel has made a huge difference, also changed diet. I think you just need to find what works for you, but sometimes it’s inevitable.

edit: nevermind, i just remembered that doesn’t even compare to what he is taking

Shadow never states that Nolva should be used IN PLACE of an AI. He states that it is simply a means to reduce your chances of getting gyno, and that you should still run an AI.

That being said, finding an AI is not hard. Spend some time instead of hurting yourself in the end.

1 Like

im pretty sure he’s recommended just using nolva if they don’t have an a.i. on hand… i could be wrong but i swear i remember reading that, and im not about to go look for it in that huge ass thread