Adequan, Ichon, Legend, Hytryl for Joints

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
My PMs have been turned off by the mods in their infinite wisdom :wink:

If i were in your position I would go for an IA shot (or 3) of adequan or ichon.

BBB[/quote]

Thanks for the response.

I am going to look into IA injections, but it will take me some time to learn and then become mentally comfortable with the concept of doing it. There is also the option of finding some naturopaths that I know that might just do it for me. However, if none of this becomes doable, are you completely not a fan of IM injections? Even if the effect is less noticeable per injection, I could just stay on the ‘every fourth day’ protocol for as long as it takes to get a good result. Ichon is cheap enough to do this. Frankly it’s cheap enough to do indefinitely. I’ll probably go the IM route soon (such as this week or next), then take some time to find out the best way to go about the IA method.

Hey I know this is an older post, but I have degenerative bone damage in both shoulders b/c the cartilage got worn away from wrestling. I can get Ichon but I saw a post and now I’m worried about BSE Mad Cow Disease.

Do you think that Adequan or Ichon (Ichon really) have any real chance of giving you mad cow disease, since it’s taken from a cow’s trachea?

Also, since 2004 when they found a case they changed regulations on how you feed the cows so that they can prevent the disease in the future.

Seems to me like the same odds of eating a burger or steak from the grocery store and getting mad cow…

Another thing is that these companies probably take very careful measures to make sure the cows they use are healthy, don’t you think?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]ramon25 wrote:
very interesting. How did the adequan work out or you?[/quote]

I initially misused it treating an inappropriate issue.

However when I injewcted 0.2ml directly into my wrist (around the lunate), I experienced marked loss of pain, which seems semi-permanent.

BBB[/quote]

I know this is an older thread but I am preparing to do pretty much the same thing with Ichon.
I was hoping you could tell me whether you still have the loss of pain in your wrist from this and whether it really has been permanent or not.
Also I was planning on running 125mgs Ichon IM twice a week for four weeks. Do you have a positive experience from running Adequan this way or only from IA Injections?
I’ll probably PM u too since this is an older thread.
Thanks

Edit: Guess you Still don’t take PMs. I’d really appreciate any info on Ichon if anyone else reads this thread.

I believe BBB is no longer with us.
I used icon and it DOES work, the complete pain relief is not permanent. When you stop using the pain does come back but it will not be as bad as before, so for as long as you are on you can expect a good amount of improvement once you come off it will get worse but not as bad as to start with

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:
I believe BBB is no longer with us.
I used icon and it DOES work, the complete pain relief is not permanent. When you stop using the pain does come back but it will not be as bad as before, so for as long as you are on you can expect a good amount of improvement once you come off it will get worse but not as bad as to start with[/quote]

That is excellent to hear!
Can u share your dosages, when and how u used it etc.?
I just ordered it today and am intending to do 1.25ml IM twice a week for four weeks.
but may dare to try an IA shot in my wrists or knees.
Any advice at all would be Much appreciated

Dont bother with IA injections… That is too risky. Doctors will use ultrasound aid when doing IA injections, and being that you are much worse at injecting stuff than a doctor and dont have ultrasound guidance your just going to fuck yourself up worse.

Ichon/Adequan will work well with IM injection anyway. This is what I would reccomend. Ive been using it for month on a month off and it gives me a decent amount of pain relief. If you dont notice any relief at 125 try 150 or 200.

Good luck.

Sorry BBB, but alot of your theories on joint rehab using unconventional therapies such as adequan PRP I think are bunk. Ive tried alflutop and adequan. Both have given me some relief but nothing substantial… I imagine PRP will also yield mediocre results. I have also tried IGF but to no avail.

[quote]Decinator wrote:
Dont bother with IA injections… That is too risky. Doctors will use ultrasound aid when doing IA injections, and being that you are much worse at injecting stuff than a doctor and dont have ultrasound guidance your just going to fuck yourself up worse.

Ichon/Adequan will work well with IM injection anyway. This is what I would reccomend. Ive been using it for month on a month off and it gives me a decent amount of pain relief. If you dont notice any relief at 125 try 150 or 200.

Good luck. [/quote]

Y do you use a month on/ a month off?
Do u reap all the benefits of Ichon in only a month of use?
Does it start to wear off after a month of non-use?
What are you using it for and about how much has it helped?
thank you!

I use a month on a month off to save money. Adequan is can get expensive.

I believe so, generally you are supposed to run it for a month every six months. So a month on and a month off is actually alot higher dose than is recomended by manufacturer.

The ant iinflammatory effects certainly wear off immediately afer cessation of use. It may jsut be placebo effect but I can notice a difference on it than when im off. For me its no silver bullet, I have combined it with physical therapy, naproxen, ice, and adequate rest. If one were just to take adequan without the above, you would be wasting your money.

I was hoping it would do some healing instead of just pain relief.
I’m already taking a TNF-Inhibitor to reduce the amount of damage done.
Was really wanting this to at least partially repair some of the damage already done.

Thank you very much for the replies Decinator. I now have a better idea of what to expect from Ichon and am very excited for it to get here soon.

Glad to be of help. I was hoping for permanent pain relief from adequan but it didnt deliver for me as of yet. I am still running it though because its better than nothing. If you use adequan IMMEDIATELY after an injury it may help speed healing. I read a few studies that say adequan increases collagen synthesis and also helps remodel tendons/ligaments after an injury. I started using adequan a year after my injuries whichmight explain the mediocre results. If I had used it sooner it might have worked better.

Also, you might want to know that adequan was used in humans 10 years ago or so in Germany for 20 years. It was labelled as a drug called arteparon. It was withdrawn from the market in 2002 roughly and is no longer sold.

I’ll be using it to treat whole body arthritis more than a specific injury.

Do you know why it was withdrawn?
The only contraindications I’ve read about with human use is just an increase in bleeding due to thinning the blood.

For anyone e who happens across this thread
yesterday I took my sixth shot of ichon and have only two left at 125 mgs each
I’ve noticed only minimal improvement in my shoulders and knees
My wrist is worse than before

But my back and hips feel much better
At this point I have to say that the benefits Are not entirely worth the $50 that it cost me.
if I use Ichon again in the future
It will be while on an AAS cycle purely as a preventative measure to protect my joints from further abuse
And at a higher dose or for longer amount of time