Addressing Misconceptions of Christianity on PWI

Well it seems its running rampant on this board so Ill post up some videos pertaining to certain topics before I have to go back to do research that’s due tomorrow.

Addressing God’s goodness(e.g. would God ever ask me to …)

Addressing the fairness of God(e.g.how can God send one to hell for finite crimes for forever…)

Addressing “atrocities” in the bible

This is what comes to mind at the moment, if someone feels I need to address other misconceptions ill consider addressing them in some form in the OP. Got to get back to work.

LOL

Brother Joab, back in force!!! Rob Bell is an abominoid fer sher. I’m surprised he didn’t Marry Debbie Blue.

God did a good thing by slaughtering innocent children because it guaranteed their salvation? Uh oh. Sounds an argument in favor of abortion.

Edit: he’s not an idiot, just doesn’t make very compelling points.

[quote]fibroblaster wrote:
God did a good thing by slaughtering innocent children because it guaranteed their salvation? Uh oh. Sounds an argument in favor of abortion.[/quote]
Life is for God to take at his discretion not ours since it belongs to him.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]
For what?

[quote]JoabSonOfZeruiah wrote:

God did a good thing by slaughtering innocent children because it guaranteed their salvation? Uh oh. Sounds an argument in favor of abortion.[/quote]
Life is for God to take at his discretion not ours since it belongs to him.[/quote]

God doesn’t take life.

[quote]fibroblaster wrote:<<< God doesn’t take life.[/quote]Here we go.

fibroblaster, what is your real hang up? (genuine question)

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]
For what?[/quote]

Start with the video I posted.

Life is for God to take at his discretion not ours since it belongs to him.[/quote]

God doesn’t take life.[/quote]

Oh brother…you’re killing me.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

I knew you were pulling ideas from this video TT in particular is pulling directly from it. I would eat that atheist for lunch.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]
The Christian guy is an idiot because he’s trying to argue from the bible with an atheist. That’s like tossing the keys to your dog and have it drive you to the mall. Atheists are biblically illiterate. So there is no point. Deism and Theistic philosophy is the way you deal with them lay an argument and make them prove you wrong.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

I knew you were pulling ideas from this video TT in particular is pulling directly from it. I would eat that atheist for lunch. [/quote]

If that’s the case, why don’t you call the show this Sunday?

I Would LOVE to hear you debate this guy.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]
The Christian guy is an idiot because he’s trying to argue from the bible with an atheist. That’s like tossing the keys to your dog and have it drive you to the mall. Atheists are biblically illiterate. So there is no point. Deism and Theistic philosophy is the way you deal with them lay an argument and make them prove you wrong. [/quote]

The guy in the video spent 25 years as an evangelical and was on the cusp of entering seminary school until he realized he couldn’t fulfill 1st peter 3:15

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]
For what?[/quote]

Start with the video I posted.[/quote]

I’d like you lot to argue for yourselves. I too can post multiple videos and links to walls of texts but those aren’t arguments and they don’t make your points.

God exists because it’s impossible for him not to. Existence itself demands that which exists uncaused.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]
For what?[/quote]

Start with the video I posted.[/quote]

I’d like you lot to argue for yourselves. I too can post multiple videos and links to walls of texts but those aren’t arguments and they don’t make your points.

God exists because it’s impossible for him not to. Existence itself demands that which exists uncaused.[/quote]

I replied in the same manner the OP started this thread - with video links. Everything William Lane Craig has said contains valid criticisms.

Anyways Pat, lets see if you’re full of shit. The show airs between 4:30-5:30 Austin,Tx time on Sunday.

If you live in Georgia and in the same time zone as Atlanta that would be 5:30-6:30.

I would LOVE to hear one of the PWI theists go on there and talk.