Addressing Imbalance Caused by Clubbed Foot?

I started doing greyskull lp a few weeks ago, and everything is going well but I have an issue I need to address somehow.

I have a clubbed foot (right foot) and as a result my feet are two different sizes. My left foot is a 12 and my right foot is a 9.5 I wear orthotics and running is not really an issue but when I do lower body lifts (especially squats) it can be an issue. My right leg isnâ??t as strong as my left one as a result, particularly my calves and ankle. This muscle imbalanced becomes more pronounced as the weight gets heavier.

The doctor told me I needed to address this ASAP by doing single leg movements to strengthen my right leg until it became equal to my left. Can anyone recommend a routine to supplement my greyskull to even out this muscle imbalance? Iâ??m thinking calf raises, and leg presses as a single legged squat might be difficult.

here is the workout

Monday - AM
â?¢ Bench/ or Press (A/B) 2x 5, 1 x 5+
â?¢ Curl 2x 10-15 (Bench Days)/V-Grip Lat pull-downs 2x 6-8 (Press Days)
â?¢ Squat 2x 5, 1x 5+
â?¢ 20-30 Minute Medium Intensity Cardio (150bpm on the HRM)
Wednesday - AM
â?¢ Bench/ or Press 2x5, 1x 5+
â?¢ Curl 2x 10-15 (Bench Days)/V-Grip Lat pull-downs 2x 6-8 (Press Days)
â?¢ Deadlift 1x 5+
â?¢ HIIT Cardio
Friday - AM
â?¢ Bench/ or Press (A/B) 2x 5, 1 x 5+
â?¢ Curl 2x 10-15 (Bench Days) /V-Grip Lat PDs 2x 6-8 (Press Days)
â?¢ Squat 2x 5, 1x 5+
â?¢ 20-30 Minute Medium Intensity Cardio (150bpm on the HRM)

There are two schools of thought on the idea of treating bilateral imbalances. One is as your doctor advised to do unilateral strengthening to build up the weaker side while basically neglecting the stronger side. The other is to continue to do strengthening using both sides using bilateral movements (such as a squat) and the weaker side will eventually catch up as it will have no other choice. I tend to agree with the later.

[quote]DanJS14 wrote:
I have a clubbed foot (right foot) and as a result my feet are two different sizes. My left foot is a 12 and my right foot is a 9.5 I wear orthotics and running is not really an issue but when I do lower body lifts (especially squats) it can be an issue. My right leg isn�¢??t as strong as my left one as a result, particularly my calves and ankle. This muscle imbalanced becomes more pronounced as the weight gets heavier.[/quote]
Doug Hepburn squatted over 700 pounds with a club foot. I’m not saying to ignore your condition, but it is what it is, and it’s something you’re going to have to deal with. It’s a fairly major issue, but understand that it’s not any impossible roadblock.

If your current goal is to address the foot issue, then a unique routine to fix it would be more appropriate and more effective than trying to modify something completely-unrelated. I definitely suggest following your doctor’s advice, but if I had to tweak the routine you laid out, I’d go something like:

Monday
Bench or Press (A/B) 2x 5, 1 x 5+
Curl 2x 10-15 (Bench Days)/V-Grip Lat pull-downs 2x 6-8 (Press Days)
One-leg leg press 4x10-12
Squat 2x8-10
One-leg calf raise 2x10-15

20-30 Minute Medium Intensity Cardio (150bpm on the HRM)

Wednesday
Bench or Press 2x5, 1x 5+
Curl 2x 10-15 (Bench Days)/V-Grip Lat pull-downs 2x 6-8 (Press Days)
Deadlift 1x 5+
One-leg dumbbell RDL 2x6-8

HIIT Cardio

Friday
Bench or Press (A/B) 2x 5, 1 x 5+
Curl 2x 10-15 (Bench Days) /V-Grip Lat PDs 2x 6-8 (Press Days)
Reverse lunge 3x6-8
Squat 2x8-10
One-leg seated calf raise 2x10-15

20-30 Minute Medium Intensity Cardio (150bpm on the HRM)

It’s not perfect, but Frankensteining programs never is. On the single leg stuff, use the principle I talked about in this article, catering the load and intensity to the weaker side:

Thank you for this!