Additional Fish Oil

I am looking for a “lower quality” fish oil supp to use in addition to Flameout while trying to get large amounts of omega 3’s in. I’m looking to get upwards of 15g a day from a non-Flameout source in addition to 4-8 Flameout’s a day.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get this much fish oil? I remember reading that liquid form would work out well. Any brands recommended or that should be avoided? Where do you get them?

NOW Super EPA. It’s not lower quality than Flameout, but much cheaper.

Carlsson’s liquid fish oil is good quality and not too expensive from what I remember. Plus it has a tasty lemon flavor so you can easily drink it straight. When I was using it, I bought it online from Vitamin Shoppe.

Carlons Cod Liver Oil (never more than ONE tablespoon a day) the rest you can get from their Fish Oil.

I use Carlson’s product because I am sure to get what is stated on their label, their products have been used extensively in many studies on omega 3 fats.

Thanks for the info. I found a Vitamin Shoppe locally, so will probably pick it up there.

Walmart and Costco both have a 400 count bottle of the 120 DHA / 180 EPA caps manufactured by Ocean Nutrition for just under $10.

[quote]Blashy wrote:
Carlons Cod Liver Oil (never more than ONE tablespoon a day) the rest you can get from their Fish Oil.

I use Carlson’s product because I am sure to get what is stated on their label, their products have been used extensively in many studies on omega 3 fats.

I get it from luckyvitamin.com so much cheaper than buying it in store, cheap shipping in USA, pretty good for Canada.[/quote]

Why only one tablespoon of Cod liver oil a day?

[quote]MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
Blashy wrote:

I get it from luckyvitamin.com so much cheaper than buying it in store, cheap shipping in USA, pretty good for Canada.

Why only one tablespoon of Cod liver oil a day?[/quote]

One tablespoon provides you with as much as 75% of RDA for vitamin A and 300% of the current RDA for Vitamin D (400 IU) (supposedly being revised to 1000 IU in Canada, don’t know when).

Anymore and you would over dose on both.

Just take a normal carlson fish oil if you wish to add more omega 3s… or Flameout of course.

[quote]Blashy wrote:
MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
Blashy wrote:

One tablespoon provides you with as much as 75% of RDA for vitamin A and 300% of the current RDA for Vitamin D (400 IU) (supposedly being revised to 1000 IU in Canada, don’t know when).

Just take a normal carlson fish oil if you wish to add more omega 3s… or Flameout of course.[/quote]

If my conversions are right the RDA and Tolderable Upper Intake for Vitamin D is 5/50 ug respectively, this coverts to 200/2000 IU approx. Toxicity results in elevated blood calcium, calcification of soft tissues, excessive thirst, headache, nausea, and weakness.

RDA and Tolerable Upper Intake for Vitamin A in men is 900/3000ug. Toxicity results in reduced bone density and pain, liver problems, birth defect.

Figured I would take to opportunity to look this up in my textbook. If I remember correctly Cod liver oil was given weekly to many people in cananda to prevent Vit A and D deficiencies.

Over 40 years ago they did in school.

They never should have stopped. People still are deficient in both those vitamins and of course the ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 is much too high, a litte cod liver oil could only help.

[quote]Zagman wrote:
Blashy wrote:
MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
Blashy wrote:

Just take a normal carlson fish oil if you wish to add more omega 3s… or Flameout of course.

If my conversions are right the RDA and Tolderable Upper Intake for Vitamin D is 5/50 ug respectively, this coverts to 200/2000 IU approx. Toxicity results in elevated blood calcium, calcification of soft tissues, excessive thirst, headache, nausea, and weakness.

RDA and Tolerable Upper Intake for Vitamin A in men is 900/3000ug. Toxicity results in reduced bone density and pain, liver problems, birth defect.

Figured I would take to opportunity to look this up in my textbook. If I remember correctly Cod liver oil was given weekly to many people in cananda to prevent Vit A and D deficiencies.[/quote]

Or you could just go outside and get some sun if you really want your Vitamin “as nature intended” without having to worry about toxicity period. (Oh wait I forgot according to “Modern Medicine” the sun causes cancer so nix that idea)