Adding Work to Kingbeef's Routine?

After some advice guys. My current training program is from kingbeefs thread.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/do_this_routine_instead_of_that_dumb_one?id=4404649&pageNo=0

The first one, the 5 day split. Anyway im looking to cut some weight without droping calories (at first anyway) so i would like too add in some extra work without doing cardio (fucking hate that shit)

I was thinking along the lines off adding in some extra sets or an extra excersise. I train with a partner so rest periods are pretty short already.

You have been here how long and you still think that doing more is the answer?

Don’t like cardio? Poor baby. Find a hill, go up and down a few times.

or Screw Cardio! Four Complexes for a Shredded Physique

[quote]JFG wrote:
[/quote]

x2.8

You could work on your diet also that tends to help. You can always improve your diet

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]JFG wrote:
[/quote]

x2.8[/quote]

I was hopeing to do something on my gym days as the 2 off days im busy doing other stuff.

[quote]Chrispy61 wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]JFG wrote:
[/quote]

x2.8[/quote]

I was hopeing to do something on my gym days as the 2 off days im busy doing other stuff. [/quote]

Then use the complexes as a finisher to your regular sessions.

There’s articles on this site by Alwyn Cosgrove, and Dan John, as well as others, on the topic if you want more options.

EDIT:
Complexes don’t take too long, and I’ve used three of the four in the article JFG suggested. My notes don’t specifically don’t say why I did not use Ferruggia’s Timed Complex, but it was probably due to the others allowing me to focus more on form and cadence from one session to the next.

I take a stopwatch to most everything in case I want to take elements from one program and apply to them another. It comes in handy when outside time constraints need to be considered. Anyway, are the maximum times each complex took:

Cosgrove’s Evil 8: 15:38s (6 circuits)
Tumminello’s Weight Plate Metabolic Circuit: 16:05s (5 circuits; max rep/movement)
Waterbury’s Submission Complex: 17:49s (5 circuits)

Complexes are challenging, to say the least, but there’s also a quick recovery from them. Due to the load utilized, you can place a complex before or after your main session and not feel the need to ‘save’ anything up for them. em before or after the main session and not feel the need to ‘save’ anything for them.

I don’t see how an extra exercise will get you what you’re looking for. Complexes could probably help. You could also try shortening the rest times also.

I don’t think you’re going to notice it but I could be wrong but it might do a little something for your fat loss with no cardio.

Not as much as cardio and dieting though.

Want to lose fat but don’t want to lower cals or do any cardio? Sounds like laziness to me.
You’re not going to see the same fat loss results by adding extra exercises or lowering rest periods but whatever you wanna do.

[quote]fncj wrote:

[/quote]

x2 - Use complexes
I also suggest you get a Gymboss or download a similar timer android application to your phone.

Also, often people hate what they are bad at, so maybe this highlights a weakness for you to address? If it is just boredom then if you hate cardio it probably means you only hate the cardio option you have tried. Steady state cardio on a treadmill for 45 minutes is not for me either, so create a cardio routine with much more variety and maybe you will love it.

Examples; Instead of 30mins on a tread mill…
a) 5 min treadmill, 5 min bike, 5 min row and repeat
b) get outside! Those 30 minutes might be great in a nice scenic environment.
c) Take a class or add a hobby that will burn those calories - A friend gave Zumba a go to help cutting as he too was bored (he tried it mostly for a joke). He’s surrounded by mainly hot girls at every class and has now discovered that it delivers him more pussy than he has had in his life. He now does Zumba at another gym too purely for the game and he is a very happy man indeed.
d) Walk or cycle whenever possible.

[quote]naxis wrote:

[quote]fncj wrote:

[/quote]

x2 - Use complexes
I also suggest you get a Gymboss or download a similar timer android application to your phone.

Also, often people hate what they are bad at, so maybe this highlights a weakness for you to address? If it is just boredom then if you hate cardio it probably means you only hate the cardio option you have tried. Steady state cardio on a treadmill for 45 minutes is not for me either, so create a cardio routine with much more variety and maybe you will love it.

Examples; Instead of 30mins on a tread mill…
a) 5 min treadmill, 5 min bike, 5 min row and repeat
b) get outside! Those 30 minutes might be great in a nice scenic environment.
c) Take a class or add a hobby that will burn those calories - A friend gave Zumba a go to help cutting as he too was bored (he tried it mostly for a joke). He’s surrounded by mainly hot girls at every class and has now discovered that it delivers him more pussy than he has had in his life. He now does Zumba at another gym too purely for the game and he is a very happy man indeed.
d) Walk or cycle whenever possible.[/quote]

This is the route i shall choose. Thanks for the help. Im deffo not lazy i just choose to spend 45 mins with my fiance than stood on a treadmill.

[quote]Chrispy61 wrote:
This is the route i shall choose. Thanks for the help. Im deffo not lazy i just choose to spend 45 mins with my fiance than stood on a treadmill.
[/quote]

It might be time to mention the ‘C’ word. To get some variety you could look at the Crossfit WOD’s for ideas. Here’s Dana Lynn Bailey doing just that; - YouTube

Today I trained like normal and then followed a WOD called ‘Tabata Something Else’. It includes 8 sets of pull ups (I keep my pull-ups strict BTW), 8 sets of press ups, 8 sets of sit-ups and 8 sets of goblet squats. 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest. Final sets of each group were tough, especially after a normal session on the weights.
It’s good and not boring to have a challenge, and the advantage of using the crossfit WODs is you can find out other peoples scores to compete against.

Apologies for using the ‘C’ word, but it is a handy resource.