Adding Weight to TM After Adding 150lbs to Total

Hello everyone!

I’ve just finished my first Beyond 531 6 week cycle, and I managed to add 150lbs to my total: my deadlift went from 400lbs to 455lbs, my squat from 225lbs to 290lbs, and my bench from 170lbs to 200lbs (yeah, I’m weak, haha). I did start eating quite a bit more during that time also, but I still attribute a big share of that success to one awesome program with which I am having tons of fun. So thanks for that!

So here’s the question: should I stick to adding 10lbs and 5lbs to lower and upper body TMs, respectively? I understand that I shouldn’t have a huge jump for the TMs, but I figured adding 20-25lbs for squats and deads after such a progression would be a sensible thing to do.
To be honest, I am a little worried I’ll waste time (and strength) training with weights that now seem a tad too light. But then again, START LIGHT and PROGRESS SLOWLY do seem to be important principles…

Any thoughts and input greatly appreciated!

[quote]Severin wrote:
So here’s the question: should I stick to adding 10lbs and 5lbs to lower and upper body TMs, respectively? [/quote]

Yes.

Congratulations on the progress! Keep adding the same amount of weight to the training max regardless of your progress. The program will catch up to you quickly, and you are not wasting any time whatsoever. Trust me when I say that you are not the only one who’s actual max is far beyond their training max. I was just reading a log on Jim’s forum about a guy that pulled his first 600lb deadlift with a 490 training max. If you give your ‘all’ to this program, I am here to tell you that this sort of occurrence is the norm!

If you feel like you need some heavier work in there, throw in a joker set here and there when you feel good. Problem solved. Stay the course and reap the benefits!

Thanks everyone for the input, I’ll stick with the “normal” progress then.

[quote]some_dude wrote:

[quote]Severin wrote:
So here’s the question: should I stick to adding 10lbs and 5lbs to lower and upper body TMs, respectively? [/quote]

Yes.[/quote]
YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

[quote]JoeyWaters wrote:
Congratulations on the progress! Keep adding the same amount of weight to the training max regardless of your progress. The program will catch up to you quickly, and you are not wasting any time whatsoever. Trust me when I say that you are not the only one who’s actual max is far beyond their training max. I was just reading a log on Jim’s forum about a guy that pulled his first 600lb deadlift with a 490 training max. If you give your ‘all’ to this program, I am here to tell you that this sort of occurrence is the norm!

If you feel like you need some heavier work in there, throw in a joker set here and there when you feel good. Problem solved. Stay the course and reap the benefits! [/quote]
Read this response and Kevin Deweese article on my website - all you ever need to know about the TM. On you begin lifting this way, it takes very little time to realize the TM is not about how strong you are.

Alright, thanks a lot!