T Nation

Adding Test Cyp Injections on Top of Pellet TRT

I was going to address this question to Bill Roberts, but anyone with pertinent info is more than welcome to respond.

I’ve been on pellet T replacement now for about five months. My total T level is holding steady right at 1,000. I have a couple of vials of Test Cyp and would like to do a cycle with it. However, I don’t know how to ascertain how much to use. I know that guys regularly inject 500 mg, 750 mg or more per week, but they shut down their HPT axis, so need levels this high. Since mine is already shut down and my T level won’t be afffected by additional exogenous T, I’m wondering how much (or, more specifically, how little) I need to add. Anyone have any references to this? Conversely, if there are any references to T levels reached by guys not on TRT but injecting the aforementioned amounts, that would be helpful, too. Or, if anyone knew if there were some references indicating how much T injected equated to subsequent blood levels, that, too, would be most helpful.

Many thanks.

P.S. BTW, Bill, if you happen to read this, I’m assuming that it is now Dr. Roberts. Seems as if you completed your Ph.D. some time in the past. This being the case, please accept my much belated congratulations.

Just assume that the pellets are equivalent to injecting 125mg test ester per week. If you inject 500mg/wk that will be more like 625mg/wk.

You still need estrogen control!

Dear KSman:

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the inordinate delay in responding. This may well all become a moot point very shortly, and I will most likely become a rapid convert to your suggested use of weekly injections. I just got the bill from my doc for the pellet implants. Holy fucking shit. Besides the standard office visit charge, he charged me $250 for the pellet implantation. This took a grand total of about five minutes, prefaced by a shot of local anesthetic. Given that the pellets, depending on quantity, run from $160-270 for a three month supply (that’s how long they last for me), the overall cost runs around $140 a month. A 10ml/200 mg per ml bottle of test cyp is a shitload cheaper than that and I can do the weekly injections myself at whatever level I want. Throw in an AI and I’m ready to roll.

So, the former T pellet proponent has now changed his tune. For me it has worked well, but I’m not willing to pay my doc those kinds of prices–it’s just not worth it.

Kindest regards,

doctornorm

10ml Watson’s 200mg test cyp per mo is around $42 at Sam’s Club with a Business membership. Similar at Costco I hear. $100 - $110 at typical pharmacies.

Yeah, $90 - $100 is typical. Thanks for the tip re. Sam’s–have a business membership so will check out asap.

Just found out this week, Walgreens $69 if you are on their family plan something or other package…its $20 a year to join, you get a $25 gift card for the store, and a major discount off their low prescription prices already. 200mg 10ml Test Cyp $69, HCG $39, etc…

Just found out this week, Walgreens $69 if you are on their family plan something or other package…its $20 a year to join, you get a $25 gift card for the store, and a major discount off their low prescription prices already. 200mg 10ml Test Cyp $69, HCG $39, etc…