T Nation

Adding Protein to Surge?

I was reading another training guru’s site and his PWO protein recommendations are a bit higher than what’s in Surge. I know that JB put a lot of thought into the formula so the ratio is there for a reason. But since customization is so powerful, I wanted to know if anyone out there has tried adding more protein. If yes, what kind b.c I love the taste of Surge and don’t want to kill it.

Boy if I were I would want to add Hydro and there goes the taste. I say dont screw with it. If you want/need more protein then just get it an hour or so later in a real food meal.

Hope that helps,
Phill

Read the Surge product thread. The answer is in there…

Here is a link to the article about Biotest Surge. It should answer your question.

http://t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=8A944FE85DC192C3F9A8B904698AC629.hydra?id=459244

[quote]Robert Monti wrote:
I was reading another training guru’s site and his PWO protein recommendations are a bit higher than what’s in Surge. I know that JB put a lot of thought into the formula so the ratio is there for a reason. But since customization is so powerful, I wanted to know if anyone out there has tried adding more protein. If yes, what kind b.c I love the taste of Surge and don’t want to kill it.[/quote]

CT is a huge fan of Berardi’s formulation. However in his Black Book of Training Secrets. He lists a ratio of 35p to 25c for someone wanting to lean out. So that would speak to me 1 scoop of Surge and 1 scoop of proteins.

I have added Vanilla proteins to my Surge and found it quite tasty.