Adding Max Rep 1-Minute Sets to DC Training

DeepWater

Maybe I worded it wrong

Is the 2 way on t nation

what is that?

A challenging program that will make you bigger and stronger.

I canā€™t see band work really scratching your itch for a challenging program.

Nobody with good form and no history of massive strokes has this problem. Youā€™re obviously dealing with imbalances, form, and weaknesses. I donā€™t even count band work as part of a program most times, so some band pullaparts and stuff is fine, but this problem youā€™re describing has absolutely nothing to do with DC training.

you must be a spokesman for this program. i see this isnā€™t the first time you recommend this programā€¦

ill try it out man sounds good

I have to pay for it just like everyone else, haha. I just like it.

1 Like

if you watch dusty hanshaw (i think thatā€™s his name) he does blood flow after his rest pause sets. thatā€™s what i was planning on implementing. just with bands instead of weights.

1 Like

ill let you know if it scratches my itch lol

Thatā€™s cool, but you missed my point. Getting sore in one half of your body is a problem. You must have a hip shift or some sort of imbalance that should be corrected. If you go from DC training to Deepwater, which features 10x10 compound lifts as part of the beginner program and much crazier shit later on, youā€™re going to fuck your shit up. Iā€™ve never heard anyone say that itā€™s normal to get sore in one half of your body, unless weā€™re taking just upper/lower, not left/right.

its more imbalances. as in some muscles are stronger then others. especially my in my arms and shoulders. and when doing the original program I would being getting less and less reps on my weak side. and some weeks i would get real bad muscle spasms which i was told were micro tears in some muscles.do to do much overreaching

I would think thatā€™s most likely a form issue. Thatā€™s not a normal problem to have.

One thing is for sure, though.

If youā€™re having:
Muscle spasms
Persistent and severe DOMS
Inability to progress on lifts that you perform once every 3 workouts

Then,
More volume is not the answer. It sounds like youā€™re getting the full benefit of DC training, but performing the exercises with poor form. DC training is brutal. You donā€™t need another program, you need to trust the process and fix whatever imbalance you have thatā€™s causing one side of your body to be sore. Can you post a video of your squat/bench/deadlift at around 80%?

i can and will. the deepwater sounds like a great plan so while trying out that program i will post up some videos on my form.

always love help with my form especially on deadlifts.

should be posting them up in a few days.

Iā€™ve started DC training and love it. Iā€™ve switched it to a PPL though 4 days a week (so basically got the Upper day split over two workouts). Iā€™ve only changed this due to time constraints and it means I can hit my rehab stuff in the gym rather than at home.

Iā€™m loving the rest pause work and even though itā€™s low volume I am getting sore which is good.

Just wondering what weights people have used on their 3 warm up sets. You using close to your max or just ramping up?

Not trying to hijack but @T3hPwnisher, Iā€™ve been curious about deepwater since I first heard of it a couple years ago. Could you tell me how the training weeks are split?

Beginner and intermediate program use 4 days of lifting, 1 day of conditioning. It has a squat or deadlift based day, an overhead focused day, a back day and a bench day.

1 Like