Adding Mass?

I’m trying to put on a bit of mass and wanted some advice on the program I plan on using.
Workouts:
Day 1 Chest and Back
Pullups 5x5
Db Bench 5x5
T Bar Row 5x5
Incline BB Press 5x5

Day 2 Legs
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
Calves 3 sets

Day 3 off

Day 4 O- Lifts & Ams
Hang Clean 5x5
Db curls 3x10
Skull Crushers 3x10

Day 5 off

Day 6 start over

Diet:
8am protein shake and PeanutButter sandwich

10:30am Banana and almonds

12:30 lunch (chicken/turkey with rice or potato and veg)

4pm peanutbutter samdwich

6:30pm protin shake

7pm train

8:30pm Dinner (same as lunch)

11pm protein shake

Curent Stats:
6’5 tall
227lbs
13% BF
Db bench 5x5 with 95’s
Squat 5x5 with 245 (I know that sux but at 6’5 I have a long way to move the weight)
Dead 5x5 with 275

Thoughts???

I am no expert but have you used Dr. Berardi’s Massive Eating plan to calculate the number of calories you need?

I don’t know if you will have enough calories with the food listed. Also be sure to pick up some Surge. I was skeptical when I first read about it but am now a believer.

The lifting side looks good - 5x5’s are a good bet for helping to add some mass.

You might also want to mix up the 5x5’s with other set/rep schemes every few weeks to keep things fresh. I’ve been using Chad Waterbury’s Total Body Training method and it has kept me from overtraining and the changes every 1-2 weeks helps keep things fresh. If you haven’t checked it out you might want to give it a look.

Just my thoughts though.

Ummm… Seriously, with that diet you’re going to do nothing but lose weight. I don’t know/care how tall you are, but if you are anything over 5 feet tall you should be hitting around 3500 calories at the minimum to put on good size. A banana with almonds isnt going to do it. Not to mention thats a C+F meal all the way.

Try eating that exact menu, except triple your portions.

yea bro, try to eat about 30 grams of protein every meal. you do that and youll be fine. add surge to your PWO, then about an hour after that eat some oatmeal with some Grow! just my 2 cents

Thanks for the advice, I’ll make sure to start eating more.

[quote]DB297 wrote:
I’m trying to put on a bit of mass and wanted some advice on the program I plan on using.
Workouts:
Day 1 Chest and Back
Pullups 5x5
Db Bench 5x5
T Bar Row 5x5
Incline BB Press 5x5

Day 2 Legs
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
Calves 3 sets

Day 3 off

Day 4 O- Lifts & Ams
Hang Clean 5x5
Db curls 3x10
Skull Crushers 3x10

Day 5 off

Day 6 start over

Diet:
8am protein shake and PeanutButter sandwich

10:30am Banana and almonds

12:30 lunch (chicken/turkey with rice or potato and veg)

4pm peanutbutter samdwich

6:30pm protin shake

7pm train

8:30pm Dinner (same as lunch)

11pm protein shake

Curent Stats:
6’5 tall
227lbs
13% BF
Db bench 5x5 with 95’s
Squat 5x5 with 245 (I know that sux but at 6’5 I have a long way to move the weight)
Dead 5x5 with 275

Thoughts???[/quote]

DB,

IMO, I would add at least one more exercise per body part.
For example you are only doing 2 chest exercises on day one, but you don’t work chest again for another 7 days. For that amount of time with 2 days off in between, I just don’t believe its enough for growing. You might even want to go to 4 exercises per.
Just some thoughts bro.

Lift Heavy,

JW