Adding HCG to TRT: Should I Adjust My Dose?

Hello,

I’m currently on 120mg Test C split into 40mg MWF. This put me at TT 1100 (240 - 950) and FT 44 (9 - 30). I’m on my first week of HCG 200iu MWF.

1. How much does HCG raise testosterone?

2. I’ve come across a post stating that every 100iu of HCG is equivalent to 5mg of testosterone. How accurate is this?

3. Should I lower my testosterone dose to account for the increase due to HCG.

Thank you

1. This will be a common theme, everyone’s different, you’ll just have to try and see where you end up.

2. I’ve never heard this and like above you’ll just have to see by trying.

3. Some people do, some don’t.

If someone was primary hypogonadism they’d likley have a poor response to hcg where as someone who was secondary might have a better response. You can also be a bit of both, it can get complicated.

I would only change 1 thing at a time if you can. That way you can properly assess the effects of the change. You can check your levels in 6-8 weeks and then dial your t dose down a bit if you want/need to. Maybe you’ll feel awesome and everything else looks good so you decide stay with that for a while.

Also how do you feel now & why are you adding hcg?

1 Like

I feel normal/good. I’m adding the HCG to maintain fertility, long term testicular function, increase testicular size, increase ejaculation volume and hopefully gain back some sensation. I’ve noticed that sex and organisms don’t feel the same. My main reason is to keep things working Incase I want kids in the next 3-5 years. I’m only 30 and I don’t know what the future holds. From my understanding if you don’t have any negative symptoms from the HCG it doesn’t hurt to add it.

Thanks

Please do, I am also thinking of adding it to combat the weird sexual sides of TRT. Gotta try something.

Hello,

I’ve been taking HCG for 3 weeks now. I changed my dose from 200iu 3x weekly to 100iu 3x weekly because I was experiencing a significant increase in acne within the first week.

For ease of administration, I have my testosterone shots preloaded a week in advance since I take them MWF. The morning of I take my preloaded syringe and draw an additional 10unit (100iu) into the same syringe. The testosterone is oil based and HCG is water based, so they mix up. I found this method works best for me and decreases the amount of shots I need to take weekly.

So far I’ve noticed that my testicles have returned to normal from their atrophy state and hang lower/ like before. The numbness I was experiencing with organisms has subsided. There is also an increase in volume and the consistency is different. Sensitivity during sex has also improved.

Besides the acne, I haven’t noticed any other side affects or downside to taking HCG. I’ve read tons of articles and from what I’m seeing effective doses have a large range and you have to find what works for you. I’m not sure if 300iu weekly will help with fertility, but from my understanding it’s better to keep this pathway at a slow “drip” than to shut it down completely and try to revive it down the road. I don’t plan on having kids anytime soon, so for me this is just a precaution.

Hope this helps. Thanks

I’m also adding hcg this week. I was at 120mg test per week which brought me way over range and I didn’t feel that good. Lowered to 55mg every 5 days and going to add 500 iu of hcg twice a week… with the plan to lower to 50mg of test/wk in about 4 weeks.

I have very little feeling with orgasms and numbness also. We’ll see if hcg helps.