T Nation

Adding Growth Factor Session to Power Look?

Christian,

As you've warned in the past: one should NOT 'frankenstein' a program as they were written for a reason.

With that said:

I did your first shoulder growth factor training superset session last Saturday. Despite being humbled by the weight I could use, it was awesome. My CNS was revved up from alpha GPC + powerdrive and I used 3 servings of plazma...the pump and feel was amazing.

Now, I was ready for a new program so I began your 'power look' program on Monday.

My question is:

The power look program is 4 days a week. Would it hinder gains and recovery by adding a 5th day (when body tells me it's OK) to be dedicated to lower weight, high volume growth factor training? I'm thinking shoulders one week and back the next...

I apologize for 2 questions in 1 week. Just excited to use your programming.

Thank you.

[quote]wildcat37 wrote:
Christian,

As you’ve warned in the past: one should NOT ‘frankenstein’ a program as they were written for a reason.

With that said:

I did your first shoulder growth factor training superset session last Saturday. Despite being humbled by the weight I could use, it was awesome. My CNS was revved up from alpha GPC + powerdrive and I used 3 servings of plazma…the pump and feel was amazing.

Now, I was ready for a new program so I began your ‘power look’ program on Monday.

My question is:

The power look program is 4 days a week. Would it hinder gains and recovery by adding a 5th day (when body tells me it’s OK) to be dedicated to lower weight, high volume growth factor training? I’m thinking shoulders one week and back the next…

I apologize for 2 questions in 1 week. Just excited to use your programming.

Thank you.[/quote]

That would be perfectly fine, but put the shoulder session far away from any pressing session to avoid hurting performance. Or add 1-2 supersets as bonus work for the pressing session.

Awesome.

Thank you for your response and sharing your expertise. You have no idea how much you have impacted my training and health.

[quote]wildcat37 wrote:
Awesome.

Thank you for your response and sharing your expertise. You have no idea how much you have impacted my training and health.[/quote]

That’s the reason I do this!