Adding Exercises to Starting Strength?

I dont want to change the program too much, much I want to add chest flies with dumbells for some extra chest tone, and maybe some isolation exercises for more shape in my biceps and shoulders. I also want to add in chin ups and/or barbell rows. Can I do this? I dont want to alter the plan too much

im sure this has been asked a lot

Sure, provided the main lifts are still the primary focus of your session.

[quote]T800Model10188 wrote:
Sure, provided the main lifts are still the primary focus of your session.[/quote]
I super, super disagree. Making your own routine is one thing, but trying to do Starting Strength with “some added chest flyes to tone, plus some biceps and shoulder work for shape, plus some other stuff” is a mistake and seriously misses the central point of the program in the first place.

Card, I’ll repeat what I said in your other thread walking on a treadmill:
What does your training week look like - days, exercises, sets, and reps? And what are your numbers on the basic lifts?

Even without knowing details, I have a feeling you might be doing too much, too soon, especially if you have weekly practices on top of hard cardio on top of lifting. It’s important to prioritize one goal at a time in order to maximize progress in the offseason.