Tuesday
Squat
Press
Row

Thursday
Squat
Bench
Clean

That is the layout, going A,B,A,B and so on. What would be some good exercises to add in?? Im one of those people who wants to do everything but then wonder why my lifts dont go up, so i dont wanna add in the wrong exercises to the wrong days if its gonna halt my progress.

Ive just started at a new gym so i have access to everything, the 1 thing i have already added is Core/abdominal work.

Some of the exercises ive been thinking about adding - chin ups, dips, tricep pull downs, rear delt raises, leg press, bicep curls, reverse curls, heavy shrugs.

Any suggestions welcome.

if you are doing the 5x5 template right, you shouldn't have enough energy after completing the specified sets to do anything else and be able to recover in time for the next one. except for chinups/pullups (and you can do these at home)
are you a beginner? whats your experience?

Been lifting for about 1 and 1/2 years, still a beginner, got most of the basic lifts down.

I will be following SS as written, for example sets for squats looking like 2x5reps with bar then 3 sets with increasing weight, then top set 3x5reps.

So just stick to the big lifts??? what about some Bicep/tricep work one or two of the days, would that stop progress??

Chins i may as well do at the gym (although i do have a chin up bar at home) as part of my workout, should i just add in some chins one of the days doing 3 sets of something?, with maybe adding weight when needed

Squatting every workout 'might' limit your ability to add strength to your legs, as they might not fully recover from the previous workout, hindering the chance to add weight. I say 'might', b/c most beginners will make incredible gains in the first few months to 1 year after starting to train.

If nutrition and rest is ok, surely squatting x3 isnt a bad thing. Might just be small increases per workout (5lbs or whatever) but its better than nothing

I'm doing SS, and loving it. As a beginner the squatting volume isn't so bad, especially if you truly take off those two days in a row at some time during the week.

After squat/dead/bench in one workout, I didn't want to do anything else for the first few A workouts. B always leaves me with some juice leftover though

at the moment im doing

Sunday Weights

Monday off

Tuesday Weights

Wednesday off

Thursday Weights

Friday off

Saturday - Morning jog on the streets for about 30mins-hour

Then start again, so im not having the two days off. Apart from 5 mins rower cardio warmup before each weight session i was doing no cardio but lately ive been missing running and also just generally feeling unfit through doing no cardio. Hopefully the jog will be ok, its steady state.

Also im eating like 4-5000 cals every day

I'd stick with it as written.

Actually, to tell the truth, I'd probably add some rotary cuff stuff in - during my warm up - but that's because I'm coming off of an impingement.

sensible so long as it doesn't take too long. as for naysayers saying squatting x3 a week is bad, i can squat x4 a week, Olympic lifters train the squat movement x6 a week. so neeh

I'd add in some direct arm work, preferably on the days you bench heavy. Something like: tricep pressdowns and bicep curls 5x20 with 30 seconds rest-light weight just get a big pump.

i would just do the program as is or do another program that includes more exercises...