Adding BCAA's to Warm/Hot Foods

Can not seem to find a definitive answer whether powdered BCAA’s and/or Glutamine can be added to hot/warm food such as oatmeal. The powder is much cheaper and more per serving than pills.

Sucks having to guzzle it with a bit of E-Load every morning.

Anyone?

WTH is E-load?

E-load is a electrolyte replacement powder. Basically a heat/endurance drink.

www.medioncorp.com/

I used it for when its super hot at work. When I take it with my BCAA’s/Glutamine I use a 1/4 serving more for flavor than anything.

So, any ideas on temperature and its effects on BCAA’s ?

well, i’d assume its alright.

but your oatmeal is going to taste like complete shit.

just drink them with water. i used to hate doing it; now i don’t even think about it.

I don’t think that a bowl of oatmeal, will have enough heat to have negative effects on your BCAAS. Unless your oatmeal is on fire.

BCAAs are meant to be consumed in isolation because there’s no digestion involved… so you absorb them within 10 minutes. If you eat food as well you’re slowing them down and basically removing the only advantage they have.

Just add flavorless protein to your oats, and you still get like 8g of BCAAs in the form of long chains of protein for alot less $$.

[quote]Maximillian wrote:
Just add flavorless protein to your oats, and you still get like 8g of BCAAs in the form of long chains of protein for alot less $$.[/quote]

Screw that.

Use Metabolic Drive Vanilla with your oats and you’ll never go back.

Throw in some frozen blueberries while the oatmeal is still hot and you’ll be addicted.

[quote]Maximillian wrote:
BCAAs are meant to be consumed in isolation because there’s no digestion involved… so you absorb them within 10 minutes. If you eat food as well you’re slowing them down and basically removing the only advantage they have.
[/quote]

Excellent point.