Adding 20 Rep Squats on my Oly Lifting?

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:
Why don’t you just get a coach?

When was the last time you were 17 and unemployed? Heck, I don’t even have a driver license yet.[/quote]

Shit excuse. Get off your fucking ass, and get a part time job. If you are passionate about the sport you will find work, get money and get a coach. 20 rep squats will do fuck all for an oly lifter and would proberly make you move up a weight class.

[quote]BIGBOSSTRON wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:

When was the last time you were 17 and unemployed? Heck, I don’t even have a driver license yet.

Shit excuse. Get off your fucking ass, and get a part time job. If you are passionate about the sport you will find work, get money and get a coach. 20 rep squats will do fuck all for an oly lifter and would proberly make you move up a weight class. [/quote]

Why would 20 rep squats make someone move up a weight-class???..20 rep squats has nothing to do with gaining weight unless he is eating to gain.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
BIGBOSSTRON wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:

When was the last time you were 17 and unemployed? Heck, I don’t even have a driver license yet.

Shit excuse. Get off your fucking ass, and get a part time job. If you are passionate about the sport you will find work, get money and get a coach. 20 rep squats will do fuck all for an oly lifter and would proberly make you move up a weight class.

Why would 20 rep squats make someone move up a weight-class???..20 rep squats has nothing to do with gaining weight unless he is eating to gain.[/quote]

kinda True. If hes doing these 20 rep squats and increasing his volume he will need more energy to perform these and nutrients to recover. I reckon this makes the trainer over indulge and eat more food.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
BIGBOSSTRON wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:

Why would 20 rep squats make someone move up a weight-class???..20 rep squats has nothing to do with gaining weight unless he is eating to gain.[/quote]

If you want to recover from that shit you need to eat A LOT. That’s where the weight class move comes from.

ronaldo7 wrote:
BIGBOSSTRON wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:

Why would 20 rep squats make someone move up a weight-class???..20 rep squats has nothing to do with gaining weight unless he is eating to gain.

kinda True. If hes doing these 20 rep squats and increasing his volume he will need more energy to perform these and nutrients to recover. I reckon this makes the trainer over indulge and eat more food.
[/quote]

I can see your logic. You’re definitely right. Plus, high rep training WILL cause hypertrophy in the weaker, slow twitch muscle fibers… My training has been primarily focused in developing my typeIIb muscle fibers, hence my username.

Thanks for the advice. I will now search for a job… I’ve been applying in all sorts of places for a long time and nobody seems to wanna hire me. This just blows.

Shit excuse. Get off your fucking ass, and get a part time job. [/quote]

Like Tom, I had to log out to see your post. God, the world would be a better place if you’d just stop posting this dumb ass shit and get a job, fo REALS.

I forgot to mention that I want to burn more calories, and 20 rep squats seems to be perfect… But if they really are that detrimental to performance, screw it.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
I forgot to mention that I want to burn more calories, and 20 rep squats seems to be perfect… But if they really are that detrimental to performance, screw it.[/quote]

Screw burning calories. If you wanna lose weight reduce your kcals.

All that’s gonna happen if you try to use 20 rep squats as a diet tool is that your recovery will go to shit cos you’re not eating enough, you’ll be too stiff to train the next day, and you’ll end up going nowhere. Fast.

The easier answer is this.

Try it and see how your lifts go. You will have an idea if it will work or not after the first session, give it a few weeks and then report back. We would like to hear your results.

Rep range generally dictates a specific goal(low reps strength/power, moderate hypertrophy, high endurance) if trained consistently for microcycle. However, occasionally throwing a higher rep day is fun for a change, but remember the extra load and stress you will cause to your muscles. If your looking to do a specific hypertrophy program, I would do it after your strength/power phase for olifting.

Remember, more is not always better. Exercise is a stress to the body, adding too much stress at one time can set the body into the exhastion phase, which accumulates fatigue and raises the potential for injury. Plan out what your going to do, and avoid doing more work than needed.

There is no tangible benefit for hypertrophy or strength by adding a 20 rep squat at the end. It won’t do anything for caloric expenditure. As long as you’re doing everything else fine with you’re training, it shouldn’t be especially harmful. As said above (coffee), try it and see what happens.