Addicted to Buying Supplements?

For what it’s worth, I’m too much of a simpleton to use supplements.

For me they add too many variables to worry about like:

• The quality of the ingredients. Supplement companies claim others use off the floor shavings. Is the product I’m using a high quality one or simply more expensive than the rest? Does the product use the specific type used in the study or an ineffective variation?

• Forget quality! Do the products actually contain the amounts claimed on the label?

• Am I using the latest protocol? Because expert X swears that any other protocol than his own is suboptimal and might actually be a waste of money.

• If I’m not making any progress is it because of my training program, diet, or supplements?

Assuming you’re not bothered by any of the issues I just mentioned then more power to you. I figure that by ditching supplements (except for protein powder and fish oil) I’ve made my life easier. This way if I’m not making any progress my problem will have to be either with my training or diet.

Plus with the money I save I can buy myself extra tight $100 Affliction t-shirts and $300 True Religion jeans! kidding

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
2[/quote]

i commend you. and you are one crazy sonofabitch.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
yeah Mac I’m about 26.

I don’t have “a lot of extra income” but I do allot a good amount for my food/supplements. (mainly food; don’t worry…my diet is 100% dialed in).

redgladiator, thanks I feel better.[/quote]

Glad I could help :slight_smile:
My diet is pretty shit but I feel I make up for it with lots of fucking supplements, food is overrated anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Good lord RG, why don’t you just buy steroids lol. Fuck

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
redgladiator wrote:

i commend you. and you are one crazy sonofabitch.[/quote]

HAHA!

HOLY SHEEET

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Good lord RG, why don’t you just buy steroids lol. Fuck[/quote]

Who said I don’t?

jajaj supps… just eat and sleep properly. Dont waste your money on that shit, buy a nice shirt or seomething instead.

i only use supplements when i diet…I just don’t think they give me much benefit when gaining really…

i used to be a level 4 here, but I’ve been demoted lol…

waylanderxx wrote:
Good lord RG, why don’t you just buy steroids lol. Fuck

Who said I don’t?[/quote]

haha touche

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Good lord RG, why don’t you just buy steroids lol. Fuck[/quote]

Holy fuck…seriously! Hahaha. Level 4, impressive!

[quote]B rocK wrote:

I think I need a support group. This is getting retardedly out of hand. I think I might be getting to J-Fit’s status of supplement whoring.

::glup::[/quote]

What the fuck man, I came here to get some help and hopefully me and B rocK can get some sort of support group started. DON’T FLAME ME.

Funniest thread unintentionally

2[/quote]

Hilarious thread

Redgladiator…Your UK Biotest provider.
Seriously though, when I first started training, I was an absolute supplement whore. I was an advertisers dream. Now it’s just all about the basics and eating, sleeping, training… Repete as needed.

-Nick

2[/quote]

The only reason I don’t buy my favorite Biotest supplements anymore is the duty tax to FedEx and the Queen…it is extortion.

You must be keeping the Royal family happy holidaying - I refuse to, on principle.

I can’t believe you bring so much into the country.

wow

… wow!

waxy maize
weight gainer protein

thats it.

[quote]dave_david wrote:
Funniest thread unintentionally

redgladiator wrote:

[/quote]

Who said it was unintentional?

B rocK what are we going to do about this support group? I say level 4s and 5s only, as co-founder you are exempted.

EDIT: No 09ers

I don’t buy many supplements aside from protein powder. I did buy some NO Explode because I didn’t have much energy for my workouts. Part of me thinks “I need this stuff to get to the next level” and the other part of me says “ten years from now this stuff will all be deemed worthless and you wasted thousands of dollars, won’t I feel stupid”…

It will probably all come down to this: If it isn’t a supplement which is already made naturally in your body then it probably doesn’t work. Only time will tell:)

There is the placebo effect which is beneficial sometimes.