Adderall Question

I sometimes take adderall during school times only when I need to get work done. I’ve heard that it can be catabolic? Now a days damn near everything is labeled that so I don’t want to debate that. But what in the drug makes it potentially catabolic?

It kills your appetite horribly. Many people say it makes everything taste like cardboard. May make sleeping difficult. It’s somewhat noradrenergic too.

So yeah, it can kill your gains.

But realistically, I take the stuff everyday and still have made pretty solid gains. Yeah, it makes eating difficult and I have to force food down, but if you can do that, you’ll be fine. Especially if it’s only occasionally.

Only when I have to get decently long papers down lol

Btw, illegal possession of adderall in some states is a felony. Not worth it.

I wonder what the graduation rates would be like if they strictly enforced the laws with this ped.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
I wonder what the graduation rates would be like if they strictly enforced the laws with this ped. [/quote]
Graduation rates probably would stay around the same…gpa on the other hand

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:
Btw, illegal possession of adderall in some states is a felony. Not worth it. [/quote]

oh it’s well worth it…

Can’t even scratch your ass in public in america without getting shitted on by “the law”.

Besides maybe being catabolic taking the drug so you can focus on studying is developing a psychological weakness as well. It can’t be a good thing that every time you need several hours of focus you resort to amphetamines. Plenty of people get through difficult college courses without the use of prescription medication. I know several people who I went to school with who started using it casually and now experience anxiety if they don’t take it. Plus, the whole illegal thing. I’ll second the not worth it crowd.

Caveat: this is all assuming you have no underlying pathology and are prescribed the medication.

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:
psychological weakness as well. It can’t be a good thing that every time you need several hours of focus you resort to amphetamines. Plenty of people get through difficult college courses without the use of prescription medication. I know several people who I went to school with who started using it casually and now experience anxiety if they don’t take it. [/quote]

This WILL happen. It happened to me, which is why I stopped using it.

Besides maybe being catabolic taking the drug so you can focus on studying is developing a psychological weakness as well. It can’t be a good thing that every time you need several hours of focus you resort to amphetamines. Plenty of people get through difficult college courses without the use of prescription medication. I know several people who I went to school with who started using it casually and now experience anxiety if they don’t take it. Plus, the whole illegal thing. I’ll second the not worth it crowd.

Caveat: this is all assuming you have no underlying pathology and are prescribed the medication.[/quote]
good point

…and people wonder why we have a drug problem in this country.

[quote]theuofh wrote:
…and people wonder why we have a drug problem in this country. [/quote]
You take caffeine pre workout?

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]theuofh wrote:
You take caffeine pre workout?[/quote]

LOL nice try.

I know several people who I went to school with who started using it casually and now experience anxiety if they don’t take it. Plus, the whole illegal thing.
[/quote]

This is what scared me.

This was basically my thought process- “If I have to resort to an outside substance that I know for a fact helped me do better academically, how on Earth will I be able to do anything harder when I go get a job without this substance?”

It seemed like something that you’re gonna have to take forever, especially if you have a demanding job.

Though seeing your school newspaper talk about a study on adderall and its like being used by more than 50% or so of college students… I do wonder sometimes if I could have done better academically if I took them.

Anyways, this is off topic.

[quote]theuofh wrote:

Indeed, over here I have actually never heard of one person I know take anything other than coffee for studying.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]theuofh wrote:

Indeed, over here I have actually never heard of one person I know take anything other than coffee for studying.
[/quote]

x2