Added Androgel with Test Cyp

While on 100mg Test cyp weekly my T level got to 562. My libido is still low so I decided to add a pack of androgel 2x weekly to bring up DHT level . I will let you know how it goes . Btw Since i am not on Arimidex i added a bunch of natural AI reduces to my routine a week ago . Check out my other post for update on how that goes .

FYI - I inject 2x 50mg weekly and will do packs on other days - this should give a steady supply of T in my blood and further reduce spikes and avoid E2 conversion . Meanwhile I have been busting my butt in the gym lifting weights and running . So far since I started 10 weeks ago I lost 15 lbs and gained a substantial amount of muscle.

Sir,

See this thread:

Might be another option to raising DHT.

P.S. You have A LOT of threads going simultaneously. It makes it difficult to follow progress.

I see you also thought of adding the topical to injection protocol . I see you suggested Andractim DHT cream and proviron cream too ( these would not be an option - my dr won’t go that route ) I have an rx from another dr for androgel - that is why I suggested it .

Sorry. I should have specified to see his last post where he mentions applying it to the scrotum.

Andractim and proviron aren’t even available for prescription in the U.S. last time I checked.

T gels can sting scrotum skin. You would be better off with a higher concentration T cream.

When Pharma says to not apply to your scrotum we do not know why they are saying this. For one, they did not address this in FDA approved clinical trials and the FDA may have insisted on this language as they may have been worried by these application routes transferring T to women during sex.

I have had positive effects so far from adding the gel . Seems my workouts are better and my libido is up .

Note that T transdermals have the largest rate of T–>E2

Yep I read that Trans - e2 was higher than injections , but lower than pellets . Since I am going to use the Trans only 2 days a week I think it is a good plan to boost libido from DHT - plus I mixed in some DHEA extract I made ( dissolved a bunch of DHEA capsules in alcohol and filtered out the fillers then mixed it in some cocoa butter lotion ) my DHEA s levels were at the low low end of normal . So far I feel great and my libido is very high .

[quote]Sir toddington wrote:
Yep I read that Trans - e2 was higher than injections , but lower than pellets . Since I am going to use the Trans only 2 days a week I think it is a good plan to boost libido from DHT - plus I mixed in some DHEA extract I made ( dissolved a bunch of DHEA capsules in alcohol and filtered out the fillers then mixed it in some cocoa butter lotion ) my DHEA s levels were at the low low end of normal . So far I feel great and my libido is very high . [/quote]

Aromatase is also dependent on where the topical is applied. Guys were having higher E2 levels with Androgel 1% because they suggested that it be applied to the belly as well as the shoulders. A lot of that was fixed when !.62% came out and they only recommended applying it to the shoulders.

Keep an eye on your E2 levels when supplementing DHEA. It’s been said here before that some freely convert DHEA to estradiol (I haven’t heard it anywhere else before, though). I have lab data where the only thing I changed was I added DHEA, and my E2 skyrocketed.

Did you add DHEA transdermal or oral . I read Trans is less e2 - thanks for tip on application area !

[quote]KSman wrote:
T gels can sting scrotum skin. You would be better off with a higher concentration T cream.

When Pharma says to not apply to your scrotum we do not know why they are saying this. For one, they did not address this in FDA approved clinical trials and the FDA may have insisted on this language as they may have been worried by these application routes transferring T to women during sex.[/quote]

I have read that you are not to apply to your scrotum because of the thin skin with many veins surrounding it and it’s proximity to the testes absorbs too quickly and would then be aromatized more quickly. That this also caused eventual loss of libido and loss of hair (up top.)

Did you add DHEA transdermal or oral . I read Trans is less e2 - thanks for tip on application area ! [/quote]

I was taking orals. Interesting thought on the transdermal, though. I hadn’t considered that.

I think I will stop the androgel - worried about aromatizing - and with 2 injection week I should have stable blood levels of T .

I think I will stop the androgel - worried about aromatizing - and with 2 injection week I should have stable blood levels of T . [/quote]

All excess testosterone injectable or gel can aromatase not just Androgel. My comment was specific to applying the gel to the scrotum which the company says NOT TO DO.

The T injections are the way to go, and pretty much painless and less scar tissue if done in belly fat with insulin syringe (27G or 29G 1/2 inch)

If your doctor disagrees show the youtube video by endocrinologist Dr. John Crisler.