Add Deficit Deadlifts ...

How to add Deficit Deadlifts while also having more ham than quad work?

Just looking for some ideas.

Thinking of either
-Heavy sets of 3 or 5 after regular deadlifts
-Deficit deads as main movement every other week

The first option makes my quad work exceed my ham work b/c of the lower volume in deficits. Any ideas on ways to design this while still getting more ham volume than quad volume and still optimizing results on squat/dead?

But, what if I hate deficit deadlifts?

I don’t think it’s possible to love deficit deadlifts… :slight_smile:

I have no idea what you’re trying to ask.

I think I may understand the question so I will give it a shot

I do deficit deads after regular deads usually in the 3-5 rep range for 2-3 sets. Deficit deads train the bottom end of the deadlift and the movement itself. I would call it a an assistance movement rather than a quad or hamstring movement. Your question is kinda vague to give a good answer to. If your goal is to get a better deadlift, then think of Do the deadlift as the main lift, then Deficit Deads as the assistance to the main lift, then your individual quad and hamstring movements.

Main movement Deadlift (works damn near entire body)
Assistance Deficit Deads (works damn near entire body, not a specific quad or hamstring movement)

Then hamstring movement (GHR, RDL, Leg Curl, etc…)
Then Quad movement

and if you want extra ham work add another hamstring exercise.

The first two train the movement, the rest train the muscles involved. Or if your question is asking totally something else than I have wasted everyones time.

Fuck now I confused my self…

What the hell is this shit

Stiff leg deficits? That is the only thing I can think of. I incorporate these in my routine reguarly, and they hit my hamstrings pretty well.

But why do you HAVE to pull from a deficit?

Seriously, I have no idea what this guy is trying to ask.

But yes, it is possible to love deficit deadlifts. One of the guys on our team does deficit pulls religiously; I am also a big fan and recently hit a 515lb deficit pull, with my best competition deadlift at 524. My previous best was about 90 pounds less. To say that increasing this lift is setting me up for a big competition pull would be an understatement.

Agreed. I think they’re great for someone weak off the floor. Even if you’re not, they can still be a useful to throw in when you need to lighten the weight a little. And the increased ROM helps with hip mobility too.

You could try just having one priority at a time instead of two priorities at once. Program them in blocks.