Add Another 30 LBs?

http://eshare.hpphoto.com/FilmStripHome.aspx?JobID=d57765cb-25dd-4216-827b-0be6a5d8eb55&SKU=HP#

I have gone from 175 to 185 at 6 feet tall. Wife says I look worse which is most likely true only because I was pretty lean and now I am still small but no longer very lean.

In the end I like to be at 10% BF where I started but at a much higher weight, as much as I can look good adding on.

Wife says that my frame wont hold much more weight and I will look terrible that my body is not meant to be big.
She is an athlete, very fit and I guess she says she like me better leaner.

My question is do you think I can add another 25 pounds in the next 12 months to my frame and I will it look like it fits ?

Would you suggest that I do that? I am already up to 3800 calories a day so it is going to be a battle eating that many calories especially if I continue to try and eat clean 90% of the time.

I have small ankles, wrists, hips have always been slender with not much definition.

I feel like no one should lift weights and be 6 ft tall and way under 200lbs.
Unfortunately I have some folks thinking i am nuts for trying.

Thanks

It will be hard if you dont have a understanding wife but yeah you could add another 25lbs without to much trouble.

Go ahead and add another 40.

While your at it ditch the wife and get someone who supports what you want to do.

[quote]topgun322 wrote:
http://eshare.hpphoto.com/FilmStripHome.aspx?JobID=d57765cb-25dd-4216-827b-0be6a5d8eb55&SKU=HP#

I have gone from 175 to 185 at 6 feet tall. Wife says I look worse which is most likely true only because I was pretty lean and now I am still small but no longer very lean.

In the end I like to be at 10% BF where I started but at a much higher weight, as much as I can look good adding on.

Wife says that my frame wont hold much more weight and I will look terrible that my body is not meant to be big.
She is an athlete, very fit and I guess she says she like me better leaner.

My question is do you think I can add another 25 pounds in the next 12 months to my frame and I will it look like it fits ?

Would you suggest that I do that? I am already up to 3800 calories a day so it is going to be a battle eating that many calories especially if I continue to try and eat clean 90% of the time.

I have small ankles, wrists, hips have always been slender with not much definition.

I feel like no one should lift weights and be 6 ft tall and way under 200lbs.
Unfortunately I have some folks thinking i am nuts for trying.

Thanks

[/quote]

Im sure your wife wont mind in a year or two when you are a lean 205-210. keep lifting once you start making some great progress you will be hooked.

that seems to be a good lowest point for someone six feet tall. 200 pounds at the minimum

Do it. Bulk 30lbs.

I’m not really sure what the ‘your frame won’t support another 30lbs’ comment means. Can you provide an example of a person who has more muscle than his ‘frame will allow’?

Me neither.

As for the total lack of support from your wife… I don’t even know what to tell you. ‘Fuck.Her.’ comes to mind though.

I’m not married though. Good luck.

That would honestly suck to have a wife that didn’t support me in my goals. I would let her know this up front and tell her what a great help she is being by attempting to shoot down what you are trying to do.

In all reality, I can only see a relationship that starts off like that as getting worse in other areas over the years.

I know what my goals are. Any woman who would attempt to hold me back from it would be left behind. There isn’t exactly a shortage of vaginas.

What do you mean by your wife is into “fitness” If you mean by running on a tread mill then no shes not into “fitness”.

Get big, get strong and If she doesn’t support you then tell her to go to hell. If this is what you truly want to do and shes not supportive first you need to get your balls back, and second tell her to go fuck off.

Dont mean to hijack the thread…But ive also got the comment/advice/opinion whatever you want to call it that “your frame is not suppose to support that much weight”.

Now personally i think thats total bullshit, wtf does that mean my frame cant support it or I wont look good at that weight or I wont look good that big because i have (I guess) a small frame…Im in a similar situation as the OP about 6’1 192 aiming to get to 215…But I guess what my question is…Is there any validity to this frame business?

PS. TO the OP, set your woman rite-and surround yourself with people who believe in you. All too much, those who know you will not want to see you achieve your goals because they will feel threatened by your success.

Not saying that this is your wife, but you really have to question why your wife of all people isnt supporting “the love of her life”.

[quote]xvsanta42 wrote:
Is there any validity to this frame business?[/quote]

No.

Why would anyone even think this to begin with? Unless you are pushing 300lbs, your body won’t even allow you to “get too big for your frame”. The entire concept is ridiculous unless large amounts of hormones are employed.

Most of these guys won’t even be able to build arms over 17" so why the hell would anyone worry about getting “too big”? Chances are, most don’t even have the genetics to get anywhere near “big” to begin with.

Why is it that most guys won’t be able to build 17"+ arms? I thought everything (well, almost :)) was possible after alot of years of hard work and consistans, effective training. Wouldn’t it be more right to say that something like 19" arms is something most people can get with good dedication?

Some pretty misogynist comments here. Your wife is entitled to her opinion. I wouldn’t want a wife who automatically agreed with everything I wanted.

That said, ultimately it is your body and you have to decide what you want to do. I’m sure your wife will respect that and still love you.

Most people don’t have the genetics to reach 17" arms with a tight waist (under 34") without drugs.

Even if you are genetically gifted, it would still take a lot of work to reach that level off development. I know a bodybuilder called Constantinos Demetriou (Mr Australia 1995) who is 5’10.5" with a contest weight of 225lbs. He’s genetically very gifted (state level athlete at everything when young) and it took him eight years to reach 18" arms and a 48" chest.

[quote]Misterhamper wrote:
Why is it that most guys won’t be able to build 17"+ arms? I thought everything (well, almost :)) was possible after alot of years of hard work and consistans, effective training.[/quote]

Then you thought wrong. It has been my experience that anyone able to even get arms close to and over 18" of relatively lean muscularity is considered to have above average genetics. Those who can get them to 19" and above are even fewer in number and are more likely to be who you would see winning competitions at higher levels.

Many might be able to get them to 17" but those who can build them bigger than that are fewer. That is why those worrying about getting “too big” simply sound ridiculous every time they make that statement. Chances are, they don’t have the genetics to get that big even if they worked extremely hard at it for over a decade. To sit there as a skinny newbie and be concerned about it is silly.

It takes YEARS for even those with above average genetics to reach that level of development outside of very rare genetic freaks who were simply huge from the moment they ever saw a weight.

[quote]sharetrader wrote:
Some pretty misogynist comments here.[/quote]

Stating that we wouldn’t accept a woman trying to shoot down our personal goals means we hate all women?

Being the type of guy who doesn’t stand up for what he believes in or works hard for and allows someone that close to him to shoot it down is generally what the term “whipped” is referring to.

This may be their only disagreement in their marriage, but the way it was written makes her sound extremely negative about what he is trying to do.

I wonder if you would respond that way if it were her who was trying to get an education or lose weight and it were him telling her she wasn’t smart enough to do it or that she should eat a box of doughnuts.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
sharetrader wrote:
Some pretty misogynist comments here.

Stating that we wouldn’t accept a woman trying to shoot down our personal goals means we hate all women?

Being the type of guy who doesn’t stand up for what he believes in or works hard for and allows someone that close to him to shoot it down is generally what the term “whipped” is referring to.

This may be their only disagreement in their marriage, but the way it was written makes her sound extremely negative about what he is trying to do.

I wonder if you would respond that way if it were her who was trying to get an education or lose weight and it were him telling her she wasn’t smart enough to do it or that she should eat a box of doughnuts.[/quote]

Oh, great. Prof’s got his panties in a twist again. Get a grip. “Stating that we wouldn’t accept a woman trying to shoot down our personal goals means we hate all women?” That wasn’t what I read in some of the comments above.

It was more like “tell her to fuck off” and “it’s not like there’s any shortage of vaginas”. Doesn’t sound to me like the commnents of people who like women.

[quote]wsk wrote:
…it took him eight years to reach 18" arms and a 48" chest.[/quote]

Holy shit, 8 years? It’s taken my cousin just over 1 year to reach 17.5" all naturally - some people are just lucky I guess because he just has to look at a weight and he grows. Pity the kid is 19 and is now taking superdrol.

“it’s not like there’s any shortage of vaginas” - I don’t see how this is in any way misogynistic?

[quote]sharetrader wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sharetrader wrote:
Some pretty misogynist comments here.

I wonder if you would respond that way if it were her who was trying to get an education or lose weight and it were him telling her she wasn’t smart enough to do it or that she should eat a box of doughnuts.

Oh, great. Prof’s got his panties in a twist again. Get a grip. “Stating that we wouldn’t accept a woman trying to shoot down our personal goals means we hate all women?” That wasn’t what I read in some of the comments above.

It was more like “tell her to fuck off” and “it’s not like there’s any shortage of vaginas”. Doesn’t sound to me like the commnents of people who like women.[/quote]

Who is it that has their panties in a twist? You are the one calling anyone who has something negative to say about her approach “women haters”. Saying there isn’t a shortage of vaginas means you hate women? Since when? THERE ISN’T A SHORTAGE OF VAGINAS.

Shit, they are fucking everywhere and by last estimates, they outnumber us. What the hell is wrong with you that this would offend you to that degree?

[quote]rsg wrote:

Holy shit, 8 years? It’s taken my cousin just over 1 year to reach 17.5" all naturally - some people are just lucky I guess because he just has to look at a weight and he grows.[/quote]

It’s more like some people just train and eat wrong. He would have probably reached that point sooner had he not restricted his food intake.

How fast did you gain the weight and what rate are you trying to gain muscle? Split? Diet? Typical days meals? If it all seems good then yeah shes being a negative bitch if not maybe she has some merit we wont know till you post this info.