Adarqui's Journal

Ok so enough about the failure posts. Last few days have been back on the success train.

Last night, I was just doing a recovery walk, and my walking speed was insane. So I decided to turn it into a “progression walk” and realized I had some “PR power” in me, and went for it on my last split.

FIRST TIME EVER GOING SUB-12 AND GOING OVER 5 MPH FOR A WALKING MILE

PR’d by 30s… enormous. To put it into perspective, i’ve been trying to go sub-12, off and on, for over a year… Sometimes during dedicated phases, sometimes just at random. So, very excited about this “performance”. To me it indicates serious efficiency improvements.

Pasting from something else:

workout: recovery walk turned into progression walk & 1-mi PR attempt: MASSIVE WALKING PR: 1 mile in 11:39 (5.14 mph) - previous PR = 12:09 (4.94mph), -30s

WTF. mind blown.

everything says 11:40, but my watch at the mile split said 11:39 and strava says 11:39 … it was 11:39, annoying.

I’ve tried to go sub-12 many times, sometimes during dedicated walking phases, sometimes out of nowhere… Never been able to crack that barrier (and hence the 5 mph barrier) … and then just smashed it with a -30s PR, +0.2 mph. crazy.

Same shoes as last time, basically the same area.

2 Likes