Adaquete Rest Days

can i do Mondays (chest)workout, then (arm)Wednesdays, then friday (shoulders) (3x a week workout)
will i see gains in my body if i add more weights over time? and is this enough rest time

Day 1 Chest

Flat Bench Press 90lbs-3 Sets of 10 Reps,1-2 minute rest
(25lb)Dumbbell Flyes-3 Sets of 10 reps, 1-2 minute rest
Wide Arm Push-ups-4 Sets of 10 Reps,1-2 minute rest
(25lb) Dumbbell Bench Press-3 sets of 10, 1-2 minute rest

Day 2 Arms

(60lbs)Barbell Curl-3 sets of 10 reps, 1-2 minute rest
(25lbs)Dumbbell Curls-3 sets of 10 reps, 1-2 minute rest
(25LBS) Dumbbell Hammer Curls- 3 Sets of 10 reps, 1-2minute rest
(25lbs) Dumbbell Incline Hammer Curls- 3 sets of 10 reps,1-2minute rest
(60lbs)Reverse Barb-bell Curl-3Curls of 10 reps, 1 minute rest

Day 3 Shoulders

(25lbs) Standing Dumbbell Presses-4 Sets of 10, reps 1-2minute rest
(20lbs) Front 2 Dumbbell Raise- 2 Sets of 7, 1-2 minute rest
(standing Military Press 60lbs) 3 sets of 10, 1-2minute rest
(25LBS) Dumbbell shrugs- 6-sets of 10,1-2 minute rest

I want to workout 3 days a week only.

So i have 3 questions.
Jay cutlers program suggest, Monday you do the arm workout,then Tuesday you do the chest and arm workout, rest Wednesday, then Thursday perform the (BACK) which i’ll be skipping, and Friday he does shoulders.

1.Can i do Monday and Tuesday, then rest until Friday for shoulders? Since im excluding back.
2. Or, can i do Mondays (chest)workout, then (arm)Wednesdays, then friday (shoulders) (3x a week workout)

Thank you for reading this
and happy lifting!

Are you seriously trying to outbro a brosplit?

I admire the OP. S/he could have put up a “leg day” which they never intended to run but had enough respect not to try fool us or themselves.

A man’s gots to know his limitations. Respect, OP.

I get that people love skipping legs because I guess its well, hard… But OP why you skipping back too? All that chest, arm and shoulders is going to have you so internally rotated you look like a caveman

Skipping legs AND back… I love the dedication to the chest and arms. Screw what everyone here says. Do you wear thongs all day? NO. You wear shorts and pants like a normal human being. No matter that unlike most of us that have to move up a waist size or two to fit the thighs, you’re going total non-comformist. Chicken legs are the new cool man. That and a weak back! Don’t listen to the haters here.

They see you not doing the hard stuff, but you and I both know that you’re just spending more time on getting them biceps swole. The squat rack aint for squattin, it’s for curls!

Tuesdays, i will add in a 5x5 program

5 deadlifts for 5 sets.1-2 minute rest
5 squats for 5 sets. 1-2 minute rest

[I get that people love skipping legs because I guess its well, hard… But OP why you skipping back too? All that chest, arm and shoulders is going to have you so internally rotated you look like a caveman,]

wait a minute drice21,

i do not skip legs or back
see screen name

[quote]1slycriminal wrote:
Tuesdays, i will add in a 5x5 program

5 deadlifts for 5 sets.1-2 minute rest
5 squats for 5 sets. 1-2 minute rest
[/quote]

In all serious, I wouldn’t do a “Jay Cutler” split as a beginner. If you only want to workout 3x a week (which you said in your first post) or 4x a week (when you said you would add in a squat/dl day), I would really recommend a 4x a week full body push/pull routine. No reason to “specialize” or give arms its own day when you haven’t mastered the basic compound movements and gained a decent amount of strength.

As a beginner, IMO, don’t worry about doing a bunch of different arm or chest isolation exercises. Do the big lifts, add in some accessory work, and let your body learn how to lift and get stronger.

You can’t see your back or legs when you take a bathroom mirror selfie so why bother training them?

Yogi? Is that you?

Hey i never said the caveman look wasn’t a good look haha

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
Yogi? Is that you?[/quote]
WAHAHA

[quote]Drice21 wrote:
I get that people love skipping legs because I guess its well, hard… But OP why you skipping back too? All that chest, arm and shoulders is going to have you so internally rotated you look like a caveman[/quote]

The lats also internally rotate the arms. Those muscles are far more powerful than the external rotators. You’re basically screwed given enough time and progression without the right genetics.

This is why everyone should do some form of external rotation daily and lots of mobility work.

[quote]tsantos wrote:

[quote]Drice21 wrote:
I get that people love skipping legs because I guess its well, hard… But OP why you skipping back too? All that chest, arm and shoulders is going to have you so internally rotated you look like a caveman[/quote]

The lats also internally rotate the arms. Those muscles are far more powerful than the external rotators. You’re basically screwed given enough time and progression without the right genetics.

This is why everyone should do some form of external rotation daily and lots of mobility work.[/quote]

I completely agree, but OP already doesn’t want to do legs or back or even triceps by the looks of his arm day. Asking him to include something like external rotation exercises seemed like a stretch.