Adaptation - The Coolest Thing Ever

< This Post Has No Real Point >

Muscular/Neurological adaptation, particularly in the “small-scale” (ie, microcycle) is the coolest and most gratifying thing ever. That’s why we’re in this game anyway, right? Well, duh. For example, last monday I started a Farmer’s Walk regiment after doing sprints. My three walks with 100lbs in each hand went 100, 60 and then 70 yards for three sets. This Monday the sets upped to 120, 100, 100 yards. Needless to say, I was stoked. My younger cousin was training with me and he improved even more from 60/70/55 to 120/100/80. I don’t need to tell you all how gratifying and motivating adaptation, even at the microcyle level, can be. Anyway, as I said, no real point, just thought I’d spread the exercise and yule tide cheer. Merry Christmas, all!

< End No Real Point Message >

I know what you mean. It’s especially gratifying when it’s not expected. Case in point: I am in the middle of my second week of Fat Loss EDT, and yesterday I was hitting incline DB presses and preachers. I checked the rep counts upon completion and was disappointed that I only managed the exact same rep count from the previous workout. This had been the only time from day one that I hadn’t beaten the previous rep count on any exercise, and then it hit me. I accidentally used heavier DB’s than the previous w/o. Nice…real nice! Merry X-Mas right back atcha!

That is excellent, my friend. How’s that diet EDT working out for you? Sounds pretty good. I ask because I’m going to be starting that program myself, here in about three weeks. What sort of diet are you following with it? Any tips/observations? Well, I suppose there is already a thread for this, but I thought I’d ask anyway.

Maybe it’s partly because it’s something new, but I am EXTREMELY enjoying the EDT Fat-Loss program. It’s nice to throw around some heavier weight than Meltdown allows and still work up a pretty good sweat. I’ll likely use a variant for mass soon as I’ve pretty much hit my diet goal. I’m still amazed at the simplicity of EDT’s program design yet it makes perfect sense…can’t believe it took so long for someone to come up with this program!

Speaking of diet, I am doing it Poliquin/Alessi style, which I have had nothing but positive results with. I have no problem with lack of energy whatsoever as I am quite carb-intolerant. Taking in approx. 2000 cals/day and using all the recommended supps pretty much (fish/flax oil, CLA which works very well for me as I get stressed out rather easily, MD6 and orig. T2, BCAA’s during and whey/glutamine post-workout). I have been doing the 200 gram carb meal every Sunday a la Don Alessi and it seems to work fine. I’ve also done smaller multiple carb meals (50 g. or so per meal) and didn’t really notice much of a difference.