Actors, Athletes, and Influencers on Steroids

According to the webs he’s 6’21/2” 187# That is about right for a seasoned natty. Jackman has also said He never stop lifting after Wolverine. Says he was hooked. At 6”2 you’d be well over 187 w peds. BTW I’m 57 and kinda resent saying what is old guys “can’t “ do! :joy::joy:

1 Like

I’m with you on Hemsworth. I can’t guarantee any of them. I only can make an educated guess. Most are obviously on something other than kale smoothies. lol

I would love to see a picture of this.

4 Likes

Is that pic real? His face doesn’t look like it fits his body. Something about it just seems edited to me.

While I don’t admire the use of steroids I do appreciate honesty from athletes that use them. In this regard, I highly recommend following John Haack’s youtube channel for anyone that likes powerlifting. The guy is unbelievably strong and is straightforward on his channel about his exact ped cycle for meet work up. His update today details his current cycle a few minutes into his video. Sounds like he uses significantly less gear than even some people who claim to be on “trt” and still blows everyone out of the water in a meet.

Cycle discussion starts around the 3:55 mark.

1 Like

We do polls like this sometimes on T Nation Instagram, usually to promote CT’s Natural or Not article. It’s always a bit surprising how many people vote “natural” on what is clearly an enhanced body.

I think this is partly because of pro bodybuilding. People assume that if you use steroids you look like a pro. Therefore, since The Rock isn’t quite that big and shredded, then he’s natural. Usually this comes from bodybuilding fanboys who often have a warped sense of what’s natural and what’s big.

4 Likes

I’ve seen this go in crazy directions too. People arguing that world’s strongest man competitors don’t use steroids, because if they did, they’d look ripped.

Let’s not forget that Tim Sylvia popped positive

Although he DID beat Mariusz…

4 Likes

Yes. That is enormous for a natural. And 200 at 7% at that height is astounding.

2 Likes

And even more impressive at age 57.

2 Likes

I think that’s because:

1.Social media (especially fitness influencers) have warped what people believe is a naturally attainable physique

1. We people we like or admire (or the “good guys”) get a “natural bias”… “I like him, he’s a good guy, he can’ be using steroids”

2. We want to believe that we took can look as good as the clearly enhanced physique, thinking that you need to be enhanced to get there essentially tells you that you can’t have it.

3 Likes

For reference, this is WNBF natural pro Kurt Weidner. I think he is 5’11” or 6’ and competes in the high 190’s or 200#. He is also a genetic freak.

I think some people think a lean or shredded 200# is just so easily achievable at 6 feet or under. It isn’t.

2 Likes

Yes, I’d say its damn near impossible for all but the most gifted lifters to do this naturally.

Edit: And people always underestimate their bodyfat %.

2 Likes

People have heinously unrealistic expectations when it comes to bodybuilding. It’s fucking insanity as to what some legitimately believe is “easily obtainable”

I can’t understand how some are delusional to the point they’ll argue hugh jackman in wolverine is all natty at age 50 (despite looking more jacked/peeled in each subsequent film, having always been skinny/lanky his whole life up until his 40s where he exploded out of nowhere yet he continually sizes down significantly in between films).

I got into an arguement with my uncle about it and he shows me a pic of himself when he was younger… and while he did look decent in perfect lighting he says “see, I looked like that naturally”… sure…

And everyone knows that colleague who talks about gym, training and workout etiquette with other co workers who are into gym… yet this person doesn’t actually go to gym

But mind you brah… when he was 18 he was an absolute unit. 235lbs of solid beef, 4% BF with 69 inch biceps!

I don’t know if its veiled insecurity that created these individuals. But surely they realise how obnoxious they’re being… always need to one up those who are actually going to gym while they eat cheeseburgers for lunch

“Yea brah when I was 18 I squatted (insert high and untrue number… 505lbs)”

“Oh wow! I hit 515lbs at a meet the other day”

“Did I say 505lbs? I meant 1505lbs”.

I don’t know if these WNBF comps conduct random drug testing out of comp

If they don’t, then it’s more/less an IQ test as to who gets popped and who doesn’t.

I’d be willing to believe that Kurt guy is natty… but he’s like 1 in 100,000 in terms of his insertions, conditioning and size for a FULLY natural guy who has never taken anything.

4 Likes

On his website, 220# is his off-season weight. So this photo here is what that looks like at his height, lean. Hardly anyone can have this natural.

They do test randomly from what I remember.

2 Likes

What a beast of a man… Truly inspiring. Impressive neck for a natural guy. I bet he does direct neck work.

While most natties aren’t going to look like this (ever). I’d prefer if guys like this had a following as opposed to the blatant fake natties we see on tIk ToK and instagram selling terrible fitness advice to young and impressionable teens.

This guy looks impressive, but he doesn’t look like peak Schwarzenegger at the age of 19… Better to have legitimately natural guys promoting natural bodybuilding. Even if you won’t look like this, it’s not “so far off from what is achievable that the guy is practically an alien”. The average guy who is 6 foot can probably get to 180 or so shredded after many years of hard work… Putting guys up on a pedestal who are 6 foot and 245lbs lean and marketing that towards kids as natty obtainable… I don’t like that at all

1 Like

It was a paid news story so I couldn’t see it but I thought the title combined with the transformation photo was laughable

This is a great picture to illustrate the difference in expectations the media has created. Being in good shape, functionally strong and an attainable physique is no longer good enough. Now, it has to be extreme, either size, leanness or a combo of both.

I know this will be unpopular, but it reminds me of the Gaspari days on bodybuilding where we started embarking on who was willing to take more chances with their health. Now, it has moved to the everyday gyms. The supplement, caffeine, drug loads, and extreme workouts I am seeing with the under 40’s is ridiculous. Something has to give, you can’t walk around for years with tortoise shell abs 24x7. It used to be the joints were the limiting factor, I fear we are going to see the internal organs in the future. I am all for training, been doing for 40 years, but there is a huge difference from the 40’s bodybuilders who started it, to this stuff.

4 Likes

IG your _fitnessminion.com

1 Like

It was 25 year ago, I’ll see if I can dig up some. We have have like 100 friggin phot albums. lol

1 Like

Brother I’m not knocking you. You look good for your age. But you threw a wild claim out there that just doesn’t match your IG. I won’t post your own pics here, but you are about double that BF claim of 14%. My avatar is about 15% for what its worth.

1 Like