FUCKING BUTTER DUDE! Great looking pull brother!!! Congrats

1 Like

Monday 8/7

Bikram Yoga (90 Minutes)

Congrats!!

1 Like

Tuesday 8/8

8-Mile Run (75 Minutes)

Uh, so this was longer than initially planned. My wife and I misread our trail map and ran a couple miles longer than expected, but hey, that’s OK, buys us an extra glass of wine or two tonight.

2 Likes

Wednesday 8/9

Kettlebell Stuff

Staying with friends in a lovely lake house, just took our 44 and 53 pound bells down by the water for awhile and did some assorted squats, swings, and presses. Now time to spend the day on the water.

1 Like

Hey, congrats on pulling 600lbs. I’ve been following your log for awhile and enjoyed reading it. I was wondering, now you’ve pulled 600 do you have any other goals?

Hey man, thanks for checking in.

Honestly, the next step is basically “move into my house and get our home gym set up” - and I’ll evaluate from there. Now that I’ve hit the six-plate-plus deadlift, I intend to push for some squat gains (a four-plate front squat and five-plate back squat would be nice), hopefully at least maintaining the big deadlift, but also may try to drop a little fat. I’m not exactly unhappy with my body but I could be leaner, and my jeans are definitely a little tight these days.

So basically, right now I’m 5’11" and 225ish with a 330 front squat, 415 back squat, and 600 deadlift. I’d like to make that a 215ish bodyweight with a 405 front squat, 495 back squat, and 585-plus deadlift.

4 Likes

Thursday 8/10

3-Mile Run (27 Minutes)

Friday 8/11

2-Mile Run (16 Minutes)

Short run this morning, before we closed on our house at 9AM - so we are now officially homeowners!

Moving stuff the rest of the day…

7 Likes

Congrats!!

Me too… I wish there was another way. I hate moving!

1 Like

Saturday 8/12

Moving!

A bunch of random lifting and carrying stuff.

Sunday 8/13

2-Mile Run (20 Minutes)

Back Squat

2x135
2x165
2x195
2x225
2x255
2x285
2x315
2x345
2x375

Came into town and worked out at the CrossFit gym one last time, since we had to come back to the apartment anyway. My next week or two of training is likely to be haphazard as we continue unpacking the house and traveling for a couple of family functions (a wedding and a baby shower, both out of town). I’ll do the best I can wth my kettlebells and running while I wait for the rest of my home gym to arrive - I’ve got the rubber stall mats on the floor and most of the squat rack has arrived, but I’m still waiting on my barbell and plates!

1 Like

Monday 8/14

Kettlebell Press

1x88
1x88
1x88
1x88
1x88
1x88
1x88
1x88
1x88
1x88

Very brief workout today, because after I got home from work, spent the first half-hour or so assembling my new Rogue S-1 squat stands. I’m quite pleased with the feel and appearance of the stands; now just waiting on the bar and plates to arrive to have a fully functioning home gym!

6 Likes

Tuesday 8/15

Kettlebell Stuff

Assortment of presses and swings and squats.

Barbell arrived today. Now just waiting on the plates.

Wednesday 8/16

Double KB Thrusters

5x44’s
5x44’s
5x44’s
5x44’s
5x44’s
5x44’s
5x44’s
5x44’s
5x44’s
5x44’s

For those unaware, a thruster is a front squat straight into a push press. Haven’t used them much but getting creative while I wait for my plates. Good metcon workout.

1 Like

Which bar did you get after? Did you get killed on the bumper plates?

I admit that I went a little expensive. I got the Rogue 28mm training bar - I like a little whip in the bar - and I splurged a little on the newly released Hi-Temp competition style plates (I wanted to buy American made).

To be honest, it’s a splurge, but we bought a house a little under budget, I just got a nice promotion and pay raise, and I never really spend money on myself except for food, so this was my one indulgence where I decided to get exactly what I wanted.

4 Likes

I looked it up it has some good reviews. Someone says it is as good as his Eleiko. I just got some budget bumpers ( they good though) and I am looking for a decent bar. We have one supplier who stocks Rogue that I know of the UK. Let’s know how the bar works out. Are you going to build a platform? I got some horse stall mats today.

Nice pull!

I like your squat goals - they’re similar to mine. I know you don’t bench ever really but I’m curious what you could hit if you tried. Or overhead?

Haven’t benched for a long time. I did 365 way back in college (as a heavier guy playing on our offensive line) and more recently, whenever I get on a bench just to screw around, I usually can manage a couple reps at 225. I would guess that I could do 275 right now on carryover strength from the other stuff I do; maybe 300 if I spent five or six weeks pushing it, but it’s just not really important to me. I’ve discussed elsewhere that I don’t have much/any desire to compete as a powerlifter; if I were to compete, the strength sport that I really like most is Olympic weightlifting (although strongman is picking up some momentum), so I may eventually work on my shoulder mobility and whatnot to see if I can actually execute the Oly lifts properly one day.

Overhead, again…I spent a little more time screwing with this last year too, but just kinda stopped out of desire to focus on the deadlift. Maybe I’ll start pressing overhead now that I’ll have my sweet home setup. I’ve been pressing an 88-pound kettlebell overhead with 1 arm quite easily. I could probably press 185 or thereabouts today, maybe even 200, but again I may train this a little more and see what happens.

3 Likes