Activating Muscle Protein Synthesis Everyday

That’s interesting, because I have also read his book, and here is a direct quote on frequency:

“Studies show superior neuromuscular adapta-
tions, hormonal markers for recovery, strength
improvement, and gains in lean body mass in those performing volume-equated programs
with higher frequencies and less volume per
session (298).”

Here is one thing he said that could potentially go against my argument:

“General hypertrophy training guidelines
recommend allowing at least 48 hours
between resistance bouts for the same muscle
group (656). It has been surmised that train-
ing before muscle protein synthesis has fully
run its course—which lasts up to approxi-
mately 48 hours postexercise—impairs muscle
protein accretion (442).”

However the keyword here is “surmised”. It’s never been tested in humans, only rats.

Also, it’s not volume equated. Yes, if you do a chest workout consisting of 12 sets, you’ll need at least 48 hours before working out again. But what if you only do 3-4 sets of chest? You’ll be ready to go much quicker. In my case, 24 hours is sufficient.

There is also the evidence of people who use certain muscles daily as a result of their jobs or their sports who grow big muscles because of it.

The guy with the most pull ups in 24 hours is David Goggins. When asked what his routine was, he said, “pull ups everyday”

Now, take a look at his lats a little later in the video:

I have need to ask please give it a rest already…your starting to look foolish. Why do you feel the need to challenge everyone on this ? No one is taking you serious now… its already pointed out about Stu qualification not only coaching and competition level and as I have mentioned the does have college degrees in the actual field. So its not like hes some BRO in some gym. If what I have read in this thread that you only have 8 months experience you might want to get your ego under control since all this has become from someone from the outside looking in , this seems more about you wanting to prove your correct in your assumption.Again may I ask why you feel the need to challenge everyone on this because you feel you been disrespected? Did you assume that people would automatically respect your point of view? Or are you trying to come across as some Alpha Male? Hey bud im trying to be polite now when I do not have to be… I think you dont seem to grasp that a few of the guys whom are tearing into you arent from your generation ( I assume your under 30) where respect isn’t freely given it is earned by deeds and actions. I honestly dont give a care regarding this now …other than giving some advice you might want to take to heart.

AE quoteseverlasting-experience
images

2 Likes

Those aren’t bodybuilder/hypertrophy Pull-ups they’re “jerk around like a salmon and try to get your Chin over the bar as quickly and efficiently as possible without isolating/taxing your Lats too much”'s

And as to his lat development, it’s average for a skinny guy. No bodybuilder worth his salt would assess his physique and think they had a lot to learn.

Keep arguing your one guy though. It’s a shame, because some very intelligeny folks are trying to politely point you in the right direction but your ego and attitude is ruining it for yourself.

No quotes above are wrong, but ask yourself how many top competitors does schoendfd coach…

I respect Brad a lot, but while his studies show what they show HE KNOWS that it’s not the complete picture. Sadly so many of his nuthuggers who latch onto some piece of his body of work and suddenly fancy themselves having cracked the code and being able to showb that every successful bodybuilder over the last 50 years was “doing it wrong” is ruining the landscape IMO.

S

4 Likes

OP- It’s not that you’re flat out wrong. Its that you’ve latched on to one little piece of a huge problem, and you’re arguing with a guy that is really well versed and practiced in the art and science of solving it.

3 Likes

The irony here is amazing. Despite being in agreement on similar principles, all the vets here are from vastly different backgrounds and using different training methods while the noobs are doing and regurgitaing the same shit while thinking they’re different from everyone else.

2 Likes

As for the delusion of actually “challenging ingrained beliefs”, come on, no one here has gone into this guy’s log and told him he’s doing everything wrong. On the contrary, most of us have been rather encouraging.

Who’s really the one with “ingrained beliefs” here?

Jesus Christ, if the amount of irony here rained like bitcoin into my wallet, I’d be retired and living like a Bond villain with a tank full of sharks with frikin’ lasers right now.

5 Likes

190 is skinny? He has bigger, thicker lats than you do. The point I was trying to show is that hitting a muscle everyday will make it grow, a lot.

Hahahah. So you quote Brad when it suits you, but attempt to discredit him when it doesn’t lmfao.

Listen man. You do you. I’ll do me. I hope you old geezers stay around to watch my long term progress doing things my way. You’ll learn a thing or two.

/thread

Well, the last guy mouthing off disappeared when we put a charity bet on, so I still have that $100. How long until you can put together a better package than Stu managed?

You get there, I pay $100 into a charity of your choice. You don’t you pony up the same amount.

7 Likes

No one here wants to see you fail. The whole point was to not let other noobs who may be reading this thread end up with the wrong mindset.

I sincerely hope you succeed.

Good luck.

2 Likes

How is someone with degrees and years and years of experience or anyone going to learn something from a beginner that read about a bunch of studies, people here have years and years of firsthand experience, you dont.

1 Like

@dlegend you seem to be overly defensive, you realise this is your discussion thread right?

The thing is, everything works in the beginning. Building muscle is actually not all that difficult in the 1st 2-5yrs as long as you have the fundamental things in check. Of course you are going to be successful in your lifting at the moment because you have been doing it for such a short time.

The more experienced lads on here also know that after awhile, you will need to change up the training type due to the body adaption process. It’s something that you will not have witnessed yet but if you stick to lifting you undoubtedly will.

So just chill yeah? These guys you are running down are all here to be helpful, but not to douche bags who refuse to try to learn.

2 Likes

Great idea lel reminds of the Brad Castleberry and Lobliner charity event thing

@strongmangoals:

@dlegend pls respond

1 Like

No, i quote Brad when it’s relevant and applicable. Usually these means supporting what most experts have already agreed upon and relied upon for years. Quoting one study that admittedly is not done on a sampling that is applicable to the typical bodybuilding population is just trying to get attention and credibility.

I’m sure Dave Goggins is a good guy. But I’m certain he’d explain to you that As a seal and crossfit athlete his goals Are overall fitness and not hypertrophy. As I respect the guy, I mean no offense stating that your comparing his physique to actual bodybuilders, let alone decent ones, is sad. I can only assume that his is your current ideal with your own training, which isn’t a bad thing, but reinforces what I stated earlier about you being at the very start of your journey.

And while I’m certainly no Dorian Yates (I’ve passed many drug tests),…

I’d like to think my 178 lbs in contest condition at 5’8 isn’t anything to sneeze at, and as you can see even in front shots, my Lats were at least acceptable on a WNBF pro stage.

S

4 Likes

You would be the first in 12 years…

Good luck and keep us posted or not.

Because he could give two Fucks LESS regardless of what facts you present!This whole thread Scenario has been played out a thousand times on here before .Sad part is no ones said anything negative about him other than questioning and calling out his own knowledge and experience regarding any type of training. Yep Never seen that before on here…I could see being put off or ass hurt if someone said he looked like shit or told him flat out that he was never going to achieve a damn thing. But NO, people told him in a nutshell that He might not be 100% correct in his assumptions. As I stated before its all about Im right and your all wrong. Or he wants guys to think hes some Guru take your pick at this point.Personally I could give two shits less now because its gotten so ignorant that im just going to sit back and watch the show.Honestly what he does has zero impact on my ass . Since now that this thread has become hilarious … my only concern is other beginners emulating questionable advice.

3 Likes

Would you happen to be the Lance Armstrong of natty bodybuilding lel?

5 Likes

I’m not sure why you linked that!

He is not relatively lean.

No before pictures.

Etc, etc, etc.

Anyhoo, good luck and I look forward to be proven wrong for the first time.

1 Like

Tbh I’ma wait for him to stall out with full body everyday, start making up numbers/ fake the log or just stop logging altogether.

Thanks for providing me with the motivation needed to prove you wrong