Acorn Funding Vote by Representative

Here’s a list of YOUR representatives who voted NO to cutting all Federal funding to Acorn.

These seats need to be replaced.

Know your reps people. I’m proud to say my rep voted to stop funding!

Those who voted Nay to cutting Acorn funding:

Baldwin
Becerra
Brady ¶
Brown, Corrine
Butterfield
Capuano
Carson (IN)
Castor (FL)
Cleaver
Clyburn
Crowley
Cummings
Davis (IL)
DeGette
Delahunt
Doyle
Edwards (MD)
Ellison
Engel
Fattah
Filner
Fudge
Green, Al
Grijalva
Hinchey
Hirono
Holt
Honda
Jackson (IL)
Jackson-Lee (TX)
Johnson, E. B.
Kilpatrick (MI)
Kucinich
Larsen (WA)
Lee (CA) BEEOTCH!!!
Lewis (GA)
Lynch
Markey (MA)
McCollum
McDermott
McGovern
Meeks (NY)
Mollohan
Moore (WI)
Moran (VA)
Nadler (NY)
Neal (MA)
Olver
Pallone
Pascrell
Payne
Polis (CO)
Price (NC)
Rahall
Rangel
Roybal-Allard
Rush
Sánchez, Linda T.
Schakowsky
Scott (GA)
Scott (VA)
Serrano
Sherman
Sires
Slaughter
Stark
Thompson (MS)
Towns
Tsongas
Velázquez
Waters
Watson
Waxman
Wexler
Woolsey

My reps hate ACORN as much as I do. I have good reps.

So Barney Frank didn’t vote then huh … must be trying to set up his own gay brothel out of his apartment again

My rep voted against cutting funding.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
My rep voted against cutting funding. [/quote]

Waters? Waxman?

Wait a minute, I thought only 7 people voted no to cutting their funding, and 83 agreed to it. Did I miss something?

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
My rep voted against cutting funding.

Waters? Waxman? [/quote]

Brad Sherman. Interesting how Likudniks like Waxman and Sherman couldn’t seem to find their conscience on this one.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Wait a minute, I thought only 7 people voted no to cutting their funding, and 83 agreed to it. Did I miss something?[/quote]

Senate … the list posted is from the House of Reps

Ah gotcha.

Careful, now.

The vote you posted was the “Defund ACORN Act”-- a provision within “Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act”.

This was a vote on the passage of the “Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act”. Apparently, the ACORN piece was a rider in the vote. I’m still reading to figure out how much I just got raped… If Pelosi is happy about it, it’s going to cost a lot of money and need a lot of lube for the taxpayers.

While in and of itself, it seems like the ‘outrage’ caused the vote. In reality, it was probably just a maneuver to garner support for the SAFRA vote.

Text of bill (not updated as of today.

Pelosi Statement on House Passage of Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act

WASHINGTON, Sept. 17 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ – Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued the following statement today after the House voted 253 to 171 this afternoon to pass the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act:

"Education is the best investment individuals can make in themselves, it is the best investment parents can make in their children, and it is the best investment a nation can make in their citizens. With that in mind, today the House passed the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act, the single largest investment in making college more affordable in the history of our nation.

"This legislation means that more students will enter college; that they will graduate with less debt; that the federal loan initiatives that they and their families depend upon are strengthened for decades to come; and that taxpayers will save money. It is fiscally responsible, following the strict standards of pay-as-you-go spending.

“This legislation seizes the opportunity to strengthen our nation by making a historic commitment to our students and a landmark investment in our future.”

We’ve been blessed with more “PAYGO” (Pay-as-you-go) spending-- Pelosi’s favorite M.O. … :confused:

Regarding my earlier post about Mr. Frank:[q]

“One of Acorn’s leading Congressional enablers has been Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts. Last year Mr. Frank appeared in a promotional video for “Acorn’s Grassroots Democracy Campaign,” and this year he led the effort to repeal a year-old legal provision barring groups from receiving housing subsidies while under indictment for voter fraud. This he called “a violation of the basic principles of due process.” Mr. Frank was absent yesterday when the House voted to defund Acorn, although he had been on the House floor for another vote just half an hour earlier.”[/q]

He’s a coward in my opinion…

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Careful, now.
"Education is the best investment individuals can make in themselves, it is the best investment parents can make in their children, and it is the best investment a nation can make in their citizens. With that in mind, today the House passed the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act, the single largest investment in making college more affordable in the history of our nation.

"This legislation means that more students will enter college; that they will graduate with less debt; that the federal loan initiatives that they and their families depend upon are strengthened for decades to come; and that taxpayers will save money. It is fiscally responsible, following the strict standards of pay-as-you-go spending.

“This legislation seizes the opportunity to strengthen our nation by making a historic commitment to our students and a landmark investment in our future.”

We’ve been blessed with more “PAYGO” (Pay-as-you-go) spending-- Pelosi’s favorite M.O. … :/[/quote]

great, more people who dont belong in college getting tax payer money to flunk out a few years later…

[quote]polo77j wrote:
Regarding my earlier post about Mr. Frank:[q]

“One of Acorn’s leading Congressional enablers has been Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts. Last year Mr. Frank appeared in a promotional video for “Acorn’s Grassroots Democracy Campaign,” and this year he led the effort to repeal a year-old legal provision barring groups from receiving housing subsidies while under indictment for voter fraud. This he called “a violation of the basic principles of due process.” Mr. Frank was absent yesterday when the House voted to defund Acorn, although he had been on the House floor for another vote just half an hour earlier.”[/q]

He’s a coward in my opinion…[/quote]

No, he’s getting kickbacks from ACORN. ACORN would push for minority mortgage lending, Frank would support ACORN and both skim off the top of the new loans issued. He doesn’t want to hurt himself financially.

I saw an episode of either Dateline or 20/20, where the mortgage meltdown was investigated. They interviewed an illegal alien who couldn’t speak English, but got a 600k loan for a house. Sickening.

[quote]Ratchet wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
Careful, now.

We’ve been blessed with more “PAYGO” (Pay-as-you-go) spending-- Pelosi’s favorite M.O. … :confused:

great, more people who dont belong in college getting tax payer money to flunk out a few years later…
[/quote]

Like my idiot art school barely graduated sister in law who owes 54K yet that her parents are paying for because her mom thinks even useless education is so important while she works part time at Cabela’s.

She majored in fine arts, and not Harvard.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Here’s a list of YOUR representatives who voted NO to cutting all Federal funding to Acorn.

These seats need to be replaced.

Know your reps people. I’m proud to say my rep voted to stop funding!

Those who voted Nay to cutting Acorn funding:

Edwards (MD)

[/quote]

I am not surprised.