T Nation

Acne During PCT?

have you most of you guys noticed significant acne during your PCT but not during your actual cycle? This is happening to me and was wondering if it’s somewhat normal.

I sure as hell am experiencing it. These are the peskiest little shits I’ve ever had the displeasure of encountering. Not at all like normal pimples. I feel for you…

I have a case of Hidradenitis Suppurativa,which is a form of acne.

it is not horrible but I get spots filled with fluid up high in my groin area,and in my armpits that Docs thought for years was staph,but cultures came up nothing.

Anyways while I am on test I have no break outs,my skin clears up.

2 times in a row now,During PCT I have noticed reoccuring breakouts,and after PCT I am back to normal with my monthly or every other month breakouts.

Holey crap. In that case, thank goodness my face, and only my face, looks like a pepperoni pizza.

Yea I only get acne during post cycle. I figured it’s just from fluctuating hormone levels. I’ve learned that popping them is a bad idea, they leave scars behind.

It should get better when your system goes back to normal.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Yea I only get acne during post cycle. I figured it’s just from fluctuating hormone levels. I’ve learned that popping them is a bad idea, they leave scars behind.

It should get better when your system goes back to normal. [/quote]

I usually bust out with a few zits on my shoulders, back and face for the first week or two of PCT.

I never have acne on cycle due mostly to 3 showers a day and alot of facewash.

Rapid hormone fluctuation in the beginning of the PCT causes some acne no matter what you do, just put the standard creams on them and keep up the face washing.

Once my initial breakout is healed I dont break out anymore.

I am not prone to acne at all unless its post cycle. For the most part are very small and show up on my delts.

My acne didn’t arise til PCT. Very small - only on my forearms, outsides of my thights, and the underside of my bicep. Very strange. Pesky little f*ckers. DON’T POP THEM THEY SCAR.

Tanning beds do help a little bit. Not enough for me to use them, but they do work. I found that the standup one was better because you’re not laying down in your own sweat for 10 minutes.

The lotion they give is bad though. And I’ve heard that people on accutane shouldn’t use them.

Pushharder started a thread on this. The increase in acne is believed to be caused by increased cortisol levels, specifically during PCT. They talk about some methods of controlling cortisol in that thread.

Here’s the link:

makes sense,
because I get my break outs late in my pct,along with this I get irritable.

While on I am very much happy go lucky. and i have no break outs.

and my breakouts I promise you are alot worse than anyone here.
I dont have “pimples” I dont get pizza face,but my breakouts are painful and hinder walking at times.

I just handled one this evening infact.
I will be following that thread and try out the cortisol thing personally.

My aggression is high when i use, then it tapers off, levels out for most part.

But then comes back with a vengeance afterwards.

I assume it is due to rising hormone levels and then dropping hormone levels rather than just high levels. As when the levels are at their highest they are also the most stable, and so am i.

Food for thought.

Brook