ACLU Once Again

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,346291,00.html

Let’s hear it Lixy…

Edit: short summary for you lazy asses.

The ACLU is filing a lawsuit on behalf of muslim inmates because they are only given 20 mins. to eat their food, and meal time happens to occur during the time that they pray. So the poor guys must choose between eating or praying. Or they could have chose to obey the fucking law and not go to jail.

I can’t wait for this to happen:

Say a young muslim gets life in prison without any chance of getting out and he hasn’t taken his pilgrimage to Mecca yet, and the ACLU files a lawsuit on his behalf stating: Since the muslim is locked in jail, he is unable to perform his Hajj to Mecca as instructed by the 5 pillars of Islam. They will probably want tax money to be spent on his trip too. Bullshit, and will happen in the future.

It takes what? Five minutes to do the prayer?

They could easily extend eating time by five minutes, or bump it over five minutes. Problem solved.

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:

They could easily extend eating time by five minutes, or bump it over five minutes. Problem solved.[/quote]

Or tell them to eat when they are supposed too, or shut the hell up and go to bed hungry.

What about the psycho killer that is locked up who prays to Satan, if he complains about shower time getting in the way of playing his Ouija Board game as prescribed by that dog that tells him “kill, kill, kill” are you gonna let him have his way too?

They should just ship them all to the middle east to a real Muslim prison. Maybe pay a small stipend to the ME government who wants 'em…and save ourselves some money in the meantime.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
ElbowStrike wrote:

They could easily extend eating time by five minutes, or bump it over five minutes. Problem solved.

Or tell them to eat when they are supposed too, or shut the hell up and go to bed hungry.[/quote]

Option A) Be nice to someone who doesn’t deserve it, but not be inconvenienced in any way.

Option B) Be a dick.

Guess which option is the Christian answer.

=D

[quote]dk44 wrote:

Say a young muslim gets life in prison without any chance of getting out and he hasn’t taken his pilgrimage to Mecca yet, and the ACLU files a lawsuit on his behalf stating: Since the muslim is locked in jail, he is unable to perform his Hajj to Mecca as instructed by the 5 pillars of Islam. They will probably want tax money to be spent on his trip too. Bullshit, and will happen in the future.
[/quote]

The pillar does not MANDATE a pilgrimage. You only must go if you are reasonably able to. It’s not an absolute. So this argument would fall very flat against any reasonable Muslim theologian.

So wait were the prayer times determined before the eating periods were?

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
So wait were the prayer times determined before the eating periods were? [/quote]

By a few centuries or so, yeah.

[quote]
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
So wait were the prayer times determined before the eating periods were?

Beowolf wrote:
By a few centuries or so, yeah.[/quote]

The pertinent question is whether the meal times were determined with the prayer times in mind. Were they trying to create a burden on Muslim prisoners or just trying to establish a meal time for the prison?

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:

They could easily extend eating time by five minutes, or bump it over five minutes. Problem solved.[/quote]

Or he could eat faster.

Seems to me a church and state issue. This is the same ACLU that is against kids praying in school.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
dk44 wrote:

The pillar does not MANDATE a pilgrimage. You only must go if you are reasonably able to. It’s not an absolute. So this argument would fall very flat against any reasonable Muslim theologian. [/quote]

If you think that will stop the ACLU from filing lawsuits you’re not very bright.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
dk44 wrote:
ElbowStrike wrote:

Or tell them to eat when they are supposed too, or shut the hell up and go to bed hungry.

Option A) Be nice to someone who doesn’t deserve it, but not be inconvenienced in any way.

Option B) Be a dick.

=D[/quote]

Guess how much Christianity has to do with this thread.

Not shit.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
dk44 wrote:
ElbowStrike wrote:

Option B) Be a dick.

=D

Guess how much Christianity has to do with this thread.

Not shit.
[/quote]

You are from the nation where 50% or so believe the bible is to be taken literal and the rapture will occur in their lifetime?

Yes, but Beowolf’s comment was directed at me, the post he replied to had nothing to do with christianity.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Yes, but Beowolf’s comment was directed at me, the post he replied to had nothing to do with christianity. [/quote]

Er… so? I was just telling you I’d prefer it if they did the Christian thing, and bumped the eating time by five minutes.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
dk44 wrote:
Yes, but Beowolf’s comment was directed at me, the post he replied to had nothing to do with christianity.

Er… so? I was just telling you I’d prefer it if they did the Christian thing, and bumped the eating time by five minutes.
[/quote]

I got what you are saying and agree, my beef is with the worthless ACLU and their obvious double standards.

That’s a pretty common problem. I can remember one shitty jobs where I had 30mns for lunch and had to chose between going hungry and attending the Friday prayer. Needless to say that after a few times of rumbling tummy in the summer heat and the open (since the mosque is always packed, if don’t get there one hour before, you’re bound to end up sitting on the pavement) I set my priorities straight.

I don’t see anything that could stop those inmates from lobbying for what they think they’re legally entitled to. Just usual Fox fuss because Muslim are involved.

Elbow, a prayer could usually be knocked off in a couple of minutes. The Friday Prayer, on the other hand, takes anywhere from 10mns to over an hour. It depends on the Imam’s verbosity.

BB, the time for the Friday Prayer fluctuates depending on the time of year. I don’t see the ACLU’s demands going anywhere though. I mean, the guys are locked up, so time isn’t a factor over there. Not to sound arrogant, but I’m pretty certain the prophet would have told them to postpone the prayer by a few minutes. Common sense goes a long way.

dk44, try to properly formulate thread titles. But then again, you worship RJ and HH, so…

Hi Lixy, was wondering where you were, glad you’re still alive!

Edit: I worship you too. Sorry I didn’t have a catchy title, any suggestions? How bout “ACL U Suck?” Marketing isn’t my strong suit.