Acid/Base Theories

Actually,my friend works with wild life.Very few animals in the wild get cancer.They usually end up being killed for food,or living.In his whole career he’s probably seen only 3 animals get cancer.Most animals in the wild don’t.Most are healtheir than our pets.When we both went to asia,the rain forests,we saw plenty of healthy animals.Animals can get anthrax(usually just in africa though),but thats because it’s whole different story.Most of the tribes/animals are immune to anthrax because they’ve lived in it so long.There are many studies that show animals in the wild are healthier than our pets;live longer.The turtles in asia can live to be 125 yrs old! [quote]buffalokilla wrote:
The_Grim_Reaper wrote:
Look at the animals in the wild.They never get sick,get cancer,or get fat. God honest truth.

Um… wow. That’s blatantly false. Wild animals do indeed get sick in various ways, get cancer (though they rarely survive long enough for the cancer to be the cause of mortality), and they’ll get fat if there’s enough food around.

They’ll also get eaten sometimes.

That being said, pharmaceutical companies do hold heavy sway over governmental policy, sure. That’s why everyone should learn basic human physiology so they know what they’re putting in their bodies.

-Dan[/quote]

You’re right though.Everyone should.The best doctor is yourself![quote]buffalokilla wrote:
The_Grim_Reaper wrote:
Look at the animals in the wild.They never get sick,get cancer,or get fat. God honest truth.

Um… wow. That’s blatantly false. Wild animals do indeed get sick in various ways, get cancer (though they rarely survive long enough for the cancer to be the cause of mortality), and they’ll get fat if there’s enough food around.

They’ll also get eaten sometimes.

That being said, pharmaceutical companies do hold heavy sway over governmental policy, sure. That’s why everyone should learn basic human physiology so they know what they’re putting in their bodies.

-Dan[/quote]

[quote]The_Grim_Reaper wrote:
Look at the new food pyramid.It’s listed with nothing but processed junk-food.

People should watch what they put into their bodies.But when they’re mislead by the government,it’s not their fault.Look at the subway commercials.You see some guy with a six pack eating a “low-fat” sub from subway.I say thats misleading to 13 yr old kids.

[/quote]

Whoa, slow down. Yes, naturally therapies are discouraged in favor of pharmaceuticals; I agree with you there. But the government telling us to eat processed food? That is an enormous stretch.

Also, the Subway commercials are not made by the government. They’re made by Subway.

In fact, many lawmakers and agencies are debating whether or not to impose strict regulations on food advertisers who market to children.

Plus, the government is currently VERY worried about the obesity epidemic; the estimate future costs to society are incredibley high, and basically, America won’t be able to pay for it. So, while the government may still care more about the financial aspect of health in this case, they do care about our well-being at least to some degree.

You also can’t forget the good things that the FDA and USDA do in regards to food safety and regulations. America does have the safest food supply.

[quote]The_Grim_Reaper wrote:

Look at the animals in the wild.They never get sick,get cancer,or get fat. God honest truth.The FDA wants America sick.It’s all about the money for them.The FDA pays sale reps to march into hospitals and offer the doctors an extra 100 thousand bucks a year if they put,atleast,two of their patients on their NEW DRUG.Drugs actually lead to health problems.

[/quote]

I think you might be confusing the FDA with the Pharmaceutical industry. The FDA simply REGULATES drugs and food, they don’t sell them. Now maybe their standards aren’t strict enough, or maybe there are some FDA officials with conflicts of interest, and blame for this could legitimately fall on the shoulders of the government, but I’m not sure those allegations have been proven.

If you were saying the pharmaceutical industry wants to make us sick, or keep us that way, that would make much more sense. They certainly have a vested interest in providing drugs that have a palliative effect which must be taken for long periods of time, rather than something that immediately cures the problem.

The FDA has to do some good things because they somewhat answer to the people every year by saying they did this or that;The only thing the Fast food companies and drug companies have to do,by law,is increase profits.If they don’t they’re fucked.So,they get more people on their drugs.Damn.Many fast food companies have ties with the FDA/government.Did you know that they’re trying to get the government to not put"eat less and exrcise more" on thier commercials becuase it hurts the fast food companies?Um,the FDA does some good things.Only small things,so that they can use it against anyone who is telling the truth about what the FDA is doing. The government really doesn’t care.Maybe a little bit,but thats it.The last 40 yrs they’ve doen nothing while America has got fatter.In my experience I find that when people tell you to do something and it’s not working you go the other way.I believe People need to watch what they put in their mouths,but,like I said,many people in America listen to the diet industry and are brainwashed. [quote]Angelbutt wrote:
The_Grim_Reaper wrote:
Look at the new food pyramid.It’s listed with nothing but processed junk-food.

People should watch what they put into their bodies.But when they’re mislead by the government,it’s not their fault.Look at the subway commercials.You see some guy with a six pack eating a “low-fat” sub from subway.I say thats misleading to 13 yr old kids.

Whoa, slow down. Yes, naturally therapies are discouraged in favor of pharmaceuticals; I agree with you there. But the government telling us to eat processed food? That is an enormous stretch.

Also, the Subway commercials are not made by the government. They’re made by Subway.

In fact, many lawmakers and agencies are debating whether or not to impose strict regulations on food advertisers who market to children.

Plus, the government is currently VERY worried about the obesity epidemic; the estimate future costs to society are incredibley high, and basically, America won’t be able to pay for it. So, while the government may still care more about the financial aspect of health in this case, they do care about our well-being at least to some degree.

You also can’t forget the good things that the FDA and USDA do in regards to food safety and regulations. America does have the safest food supply.
[/quote]

[quote]CaptainLogic wrote:
The_Grim_Reaper wrote:Look at the animals in the wild.They never get sick,get cancer,or get fat. God honest truth.The FDA wants America sick.It’s all about the money for them.The FDA pays sale reps to march into hospitals and offer the doctors an extra 100 thousand bucks a year if they put,atleast,two of their patients on their NEW DRUG.Drugs actually lead to health problems.

I think you might be confusing the FDA with the Pharmaceutical industry. The FDA simply REGULATES drugs and food, they don’t sell them. Now maybe their standards aren’t strict enough, or maybe there are some FDA officials with conflicts of interest, and blame for this could legitimately fall on the shoulders of the government, but I’m not sure those allegations have been proven.

If you were saying the pharmaceutical industry wants to make us sick, or keep us that way, that would make much more sense. They certainly have a vested interest in providing drugs that have a palliative effect which must be taken for long periods of time, rather than something that immediately cures the problem.[/quote]

Not at all. The Pharmaceutical companies and FDA work hand in hand. The Pharmaceutical companies actually pay the FDA to pass dangerous drugs so that they won’t lose any money.I call that “conflict of interest.” The FDA are lobbying congress to make themselves exempt from prosecution. Now I call that a pay off.