Aching Knees After Squats

I don’t see much difference here between your other video either except this one is lighter. None of these (from my understanding) would get white lights. Lower the weight, get to depth. Dig the bar into your traps and upper back. Also, you rush your breaths way too much. Try and squat calmly. No reason in getting hyped up before a training double.

Thanks for the pointers i feel like I need to just set back to 135 and retrain my way back I feel like my squat is just effffedd

Bit late responding but if you start back record every set you do and watch them straight away to ensure you are happy with them. Don’t wait to finish a workout only to realize your form was shit throughout as I have lol.

That’s what I actually have been doing. It definitely seems to help making adjustments for every set. I’ve kinda worked myself into a groove from constantly squatting with subpar form I’m really having to think hard on cues

1 Like

I usually will ice the living heck out of them on and off two-three times a week.

Heat therapy when I get a chance.

Moderate volume tends to irritate them way more than heavy singles do most times, so I’ll back off of the volume or lighten it up even more.

After I pass the 70-80% mark when doing a work up I’ll put my knee sleeves on regardless of if I feel pain or not.

Rub eucalyptus or mint oil on my knees too.

For what it’s worth, your video is good too. I don’t really see any major issues with it. Everyone is gonna move ever so slightly different from one to the other, but just lower yourself maybe a bit more to get to full depth, not sure if anyone else has mentioned that. Maybe take a wider stance, or even turn your feet out just a teensy bit more.

1 Like

Not sure if you’ve resolved this but I used to have this issue. In the end, my weight was too far forward, especially on the descent, so a bunch of force was going through my knees.

Now, I felt I had excellent form but as soon as someone with a good eye had a look, the issue went away fairly quickly.

2 Likes

I plan on picking up some sleeves here in the near future but I will definitely note and try some of the pointers you provided. The last two weeks I have really backed off of intensity and tried to start nailing down my technique and have not had issues with my knees being achy. Im thinking Im going to just follow a linear progression for 3-5RM and put on 5 pounds every week (essentially start back from square 1 or 2… lol)

2 Likes