8X4@325

SQUATS:
BARX10
135X10
225X5
314X1
405X1
7X5@470

Its funny how with so much volume lately the sets get easier towards the end. Last two sets of bench were flawless, got into the perfect groove. Last set of squats seemed like it was 225. Pretty much hit ATG every rep and felt super light versus the first set getting me a little dizzy.

I did have to wrap my knees for the last two sets, my lower back is super stiff from all the squats this week and wrapping knees lets me focus on flexing/keeping my core right during the squat.

Tomorrow is a heavy day for lifts so lets see how it goes. I also worked all week (bouncer at night) so sleep schedule is off. Last weekend working though so for remainder of summer all should be in sync.

Smolov Day 4
BENCH:
BARX10
135X10
225X5
10X3@345

SQUATS:
BARX10
135X10
225X5
315X1
405X1
10X3@500, next week should be crazy

PEC DEC:
2x10

Notes:
Benching was rough. The week/weekend of little sleep definitely caught up. Squats were great; Last couple sets were super easy. By the 9/10 set I did not even notice I had 500lbs on my back, felt light and speed was superb. Cycle is intense, next week will be crazy.

Smolov Week 2 Day 1

Bench:
barx10
135x10
225x5
6x6@295

Squat:
barx10
135x10
225x5
315x1
405x1
4x9@440

Pec Dec+Rear Delt combo:
4x10-12

Bench was rough, shoulders are tired.

Squats were fun, my quads were way too pumped with blood, program is crazy, for the first time in a long time i felt like i was going to puke.

brb putting 9000 lbs on my big 3 so that i can be cool like Achilles.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
brb putting 9000 lbs on my big 3 so that i can be cool like Achilles.[/quote]
LOL I’ll trade some of your secksi for some of my strength

So far smolov seems to working it’s magic, be awesome if you didn’t miss any reps at your strength levels.

As of now I do not see me missing any for squat, the worst day is always day 1 for me because of the high reps.

I feel the bench smolov jr will be a problem, I am just not used to working my chest the often and hard so I am already feeling burnt. luckily that portion is only 3 weeks

^ Yeah I was using about half your poundages on smolov jr. ha, but it still wasn’t happening in the same way smolov was. If someone is awesome at keeping their shoulders healthy I can see it working well but benching once a week is rough enough for me without mobility work/dislocates.

Smolov Week 2 day 2

Bench:
barx10
135x10
225x5
7x5@315

Bench felt good today, good groove, shoulders perfect, not even close to missing a rep.

Squat:
barx10
135x10
225x5
315x1
405x1
5x7@460

Squats were good, nice depth, had to wrap for last set though, lower back was killing me and just wanted to speed through. Traps are raw… constant squatting is tearing at the skin -.- GF is not very happy with that. Also, got my Tommy konos today, they are great!

Saturday is 7x5@500lbs should be interesting…
Side note, been doing about 100 band pull aparts and face pulls every other day as well.

Hell yeah I am in on this log. Moving some big weights. I saw at the start you were cutting down you still doing that? Diet still the same?

Nice to have you along, I am not really cutting, I was going through a recomp stage but that is on hold while doing smolov since i need excess calories on the squat days.

I do eat as clean as possible though so my diet mirrors someone trying to lose weight sometimes minus the fact that i am eating so much of the foods.

Smolov Week 2 Day 3

Bench:
barx10
135x10
225x5
8x4@335

Squat:
barx10
135x10
225x5
315x1
405x1
7x5@495

Squats killed me, I finally understand the Smolov way of learning to hate yourself for putting yourself through the program…

I was in the wrong mind set and for the first two sets I did 7 reps of 495 instead of 5, so really it was 2x7@495 and then 5x5@495. Will be studying late tonight, eating lots tomorrow and not getting my smolov sesh until late tomorrow night.

Smolov Week 2 Day 4

Bench:
barx10
135x10
225x5
10x3@355

Squats:
barx10
135x10
225x5
315x1
405x1
10x3@515

Bench was good, switched grip out a little further and was able to stabilize bar path much better.

Squats were an eye opener. I realized that I PR’d at 455x3 in the Fall, I kept thinking it was last Spring but realized I didnt start squatting again until this school year really. 10 sets of 515lbs for 3 reps is a PR for sure, If you had told me I would be lifting that just 1 semester ago I would have said you are crazy. I also learned that I have been wrapping knees incorrectly, as in extremely loose. My friend who I will be lifting with during the summer wrapped my knees for my 7th set of 515 and it was a completely different experience. I have never squatted 500+ so quickly in my life. On the 3rd set I came up so quickly from the hole that I ended up dropping the bar in the racking process. Luckily no one was hurt but it was a crazy feeling. I am also no where near fatigued any more while squatting and this is with a total of 30 reps @ 515. I cannot wait to max in a week and then continue on with the Smolov program, I have decided I will continue into the intensive phase.

So far great experience. For anyone debating Smolov for squats and S J.R. for bench I highly recommend lots of stretching, sleep, and caloric intake in order to make it more successful.

You live up to your internet screen name. Good lifting killa.

It was my XBL GT before, and since I am a beast at COD I hope I can live up to it lolz. Btw your shoulders look ridiculous, whats a normal delt workout like for you?

What are your plans for the switching phase?? Speed type things?

Any idea how many extra cals you are taking in? And are you only over on training days?

Those are some big boy squats. 30 reps 515 is strong

Spock: the program has a specific template for the switching phase where you lift 3 days a week for 2 weeks and the only leg work you do is a negative squat one day, cleans the other, and box squats on the last. It does say the motto for that week is speed and explosion so every thing is suppose to be done quickly, except the negative i would assume.

During that pphase Ill be deadlifting hard for the few weeks before I have to tone it down again for intensive.
My partner and I were also noticing that our bodies are learning to cope with the soreness much more so on non chest leg days such as today it is easier to train than before. (today is just som back and biceps)

Ryan: I will try to keep a count on tomorrows day. It is definitely a higher load on the actual squat days since i know i need the boost in energy. An example is last night me almost eating an entire rotisserie chicken after my lift -.-

Awesome to see double smolov being destroyed with such weights. I am definitely going to get back into the smolov template several times in the next few years.

Its awesome, I am going to complete the entire cycle for squat and then run a simple 5x5 or 5/3/1 for squat while I run the coan/phillipi DL program. I will be pulling during the switching phase and during the intensive phase though, the 3 x a week squat will allow it IMO versus the 4x a week right now.

I will also take off and do a resting phase of 5x5 with bench after I finish smolov jr and then start either the coan bench or gavrillo bench. Both are pretty intense as well so I want to rest up my joints. IMO Smolov gets its job done flawlessly, your body HAS to adapt, you go from only holding a weight 5-6 times a week to 70+ times a week. I have loved it so far, although there are plenty of days it makes me hate myself for undergoing it -.-