Link to old log http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/Achilles%20of%20war#myLogs

New year=new logg
I am 5’11 252 at 22
Goals: rep 600+ on DL
rep 600+ on back Squat
Bench 450x1 ; 405 for reps
Military 315x1
Compete in a PL contest

I have not properly maxed on any lift which is why my goals are mostly for reps.
My highest recorded lifts are usually done on my 7+ set

This log will begin with a mutated version of 5/3/1 I have tweaked certain aspects but for the most part I will be running 3-4 continuous cycles of the program. It will have BB aspects and utilize drop sets/ some fst-7

Cardio wise I will be leaning down more to around 238-240ish
I will be doing mainly LI cardio, fasted cardio, so on. More of a recomp work.
Food: Fish 1-2 days a week (Salmon, Tuna, Tilapia) usually with brown rice and 2 cups veggies
Lots of beef (always grass fed organic beef 90/10 or 92/8)
Steaks here and there
Other than that lots of oatmeals with protein mix, organic eggs, fruits, veggies, ect

my caloric intake is usually around 4,500
Protein intake is over 2xBW. over 150 grams end up coming from shakes/bars

Any other ?'s feel free to ask

We have similar goals for the year. I’ll be following.

Nice job on the squat Achilles. You are probably really close to 600 now based on how quick that one looked.

Nice squatting boss

In.

CS

Thanks guys, I tried posting my workout that day and then today’s but it wasn’t loading so gave up.

I will be posting a lot again to note whats working for me and not. All goals are still the same.

and @Heracles, yeah I think i have it. That vid was at the end of a lonnng squat sesh full of PR’s (500x very clean 5, 550x2, ect) Ill be vidding a 585 attempt next sesh and see how it goes from there.

Also I run a ridiculous program so no judging when i start uploading the logs and such ^.^

BACK/HAMSTRINGS

DEADLIFT: 135X5
225X5
315X5
405X5
500X5
550X1
570X1
585X1
ADD LIGHT BANDS (REVERSE)
600X1
635X1

REVERSE HYPER WITH 135LBS (BB)
4X6

1 ARM CABLE ROWS
4X6

BB HIP THRUSTERS (not sure what these are really called, johnnie jackson does them, mimics hip through on DL)
135X10
225X5
225X5
315X5

STATIC HOLDS WITH FAT GRIPS 135X1 225X1

GHR: 4 SETS TO FAILURE

FACE PULL COMBO: 4 SETS 10 REPS TO EYES, 10 REPS TO MOUTH, 10 REPS TO LOWER CHIN/UPPER CHEST

Sesh went fine. DL’s are a little rough due to breaking in my new inzer forever lever belt.

Tomorrow is Chest. Phase I of my chest program was written by a friend of mine who used it to bring his bench from 485 to 530. Hopefully it will work for me.

BTW my program puts Back with hams, quads with shoulders, biceps with triceps, and chest alone. forearms, traps, and calves are rotated, as well as cardio and core work. Its basically a 10 day program, with two phases. ex: Phase I 4 days 1 day off, Phase II 4 days, 1 day off. Phase I incorporates krocs 16 week reverse band program but is a little tweaked. Also different aspects of muscle working are utilized such as Phase I back/hammys goes for more back thickness where Phase II is more for back width. My program is based to up my strength level in my main lifts but is also based to approach my muscles in a bb format as well.

CHEST

FLAT BB BENCH
135X10
225X10
315X5
335X2 X10

TOP HALF BENCH (PINS)
315X3
365X3 X 4
405X3 X 5

SPEED BENCH
225 X 6-8 5 SETS

FLYS 4X10-12

PLY PUSH UPS
5 SETS TO FAILURE, ADD A BUMPER EACH SET UNTIL 18’ DEFICIT

CORE WORK
25 MIN BICYLE

In. Been meaning to follow since you have some beastly lifts… this seems the perfect time. Very impressive lifting.

ugh for posts not loading. any how—>

QUADS/DELTS

SQUATS:
135X10
225X10
315X5
405X5
500X5
550X3

MILITARY PRESS:
5X10@135

LEG PRESS:
12P X15
16P X15
20P X15
22P X12

DELT TRIAD:
DB SHOULDER PRESS+DB FRONT RAISES+ DB SIDE RAISES 3 SETS 8-12

LEG EXT:
4 SETS 15-20

REAR DELT FLY:
4 SETS 15-20

CALVES

didnt work up to a heavy single due to being pretty tired.

I am thinking about doing this squatting from pins thing that you mentioned in some other person’s log that I frequently creep and I was wondering, when you do more than one rep, do you set it down completely get set up again and do another one? Or is it supposed to be like more of a touch and go type dealio?

Thanks.

And hello.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I am thinking about doing this squatting from pins thing that you mentioned in some other person’s log that I frequently creep and I was wondering, when you do more than one rep, do you set it down completely get set up again and do another one? Or is it supposed to be like more of a touch and go type dealio?

Thanks.

And hello. [/quote]
If you’re talking about Andersons, I would reset.

Spock, reset every time. One of the main purposes is to lose your stretch reflex that pops you out of the hole.

I originally used it for front squats and it helped bring my 315x3 max to 315x10. For some reason it just really helps you out of the hole which is a problem for most squatters.

I am currently running a couple diff routines, I would update my log more but the last 4 times i tried the posts never went through

^^ and wow a post finally went through for me on T-Nation!!! blue moon tonight

Day 1 of Smolov Base

Warm up
Work:
4x9 @ 410

Bench Smolov Jr:
6x6 @ 285

Band pull apart and home.

I will be doing certain accessory work but nothing too much. I am not sure if I am pushing past the base cycle into the intensive yet. I Will base it off of my results from the base. Pretty excited, I will vid certain days here and there. I am nervous about not DLing while on it but many have assured me your DL stays fine if not goes up 10lbs from the increase in hip/leg strength. I think I am starting to accept that my squat will be stronger than my pull since my pull technique blows. If I can hit 620 at end of base I will most likely continue into intensive to be as close to 650 as possible, I will then run the coan DL program to move that up. I plan on competing either Oct 21 or Dec 8. Both possible meets are in Florida, my home state, where I would like to not only set state records but also hopefully the national record for USAPL squat in my weight class.

Hopefully thatll help you hit that national squat record.

Awesome goals. I feel for you using man weights in smolov. I’m sure it will work wonders though just because of how damn hard you have to go at it.

Hey my pull technique blows too! high five

Smolov Day 2

BENCH:
135X10
225X5
7x5@305

SQUATS:
135X5
225X5
315X5
5X7@440

btw setsxrepsxweight FYI
So far so good, last set was tiring, usually I only do 5 reps and less in the 400-525 range so doing 5 sets of 7 is interesting. Benching is fun because the later sets almost become easier due to getting in the groove.