Achilles Tendonitis

Achilles Tendonitis

Does anyone else have this?
How did you get over it?

I dont have ach. tendonitis but i did rupture my achillies in my left leg a week b4 christmas last year . and i’m just now able to walk . for your problem though you could go to WEB MD for an answer.

[quote]tall tom wrote:
Achilles Tendonitis

How did you get over it?[/quote]

I have had it for several years and have not been able to shake it on my right tendon. It ended my running days. I wish you luck.

[quote]tall tom wrote:
Achilles Tendonitis

How did you get over it?[/quote]

Go see a therapist either an ATC or PT. You want to be careful with this as it is speculated to lead to rupture of the tendon (especially in physically active people over 30).

For now rest, ice, compress, elevate.

If it is really bad be careful doing any quick loading of the gastroc/soleus. One of the biggest mechanism of injuries for a rupture is backpedaling and switching into forward acceleration (much like what would happen in tennis, football, basketball, etc.)

i had it when i ran x-c back in high school. i got over it by lots of ice,rest,ibuprofen and stretching

…yeah i bet doing that never occured to you

When I sleep my feet hang off the bed. I end up with the weight of my foot on the achilles tendon. Been sleeping this way since the 70’s.

I have not done it lately but, I used to do lots of reps on the seated calf machine and standing calf machine. On the order of a couple hundred rep volume each.

I had changed up my routine and have not done much calf volume. The pain occured days later.

tall tom

Yes, I had it from too many calf raises.

How do you get rid of it:

Rest

Did you try an ART (Active Release Technique)?

Put ART into the search engine here and read about it.

There is a program on T-Nation somewhere that addresses this. It is something along the lines of 3 sets of bodyweight, negative-only reps twice a day, everyday. I’d recommend that you search for it. It helped me get over my thumb tendinitis.

[quote]Rocket Lax wrote:
There is a program on T-Nation somewhere that addresses this. It is something along the lines of 3 sets of bodyweight, negative-only reps twice a day, everyday. I’d recommend that you search for it. It helped me get over my thumb tendinitis. [/quote]

The search will not seem to activate for me. If it does for someone else could you post the url.

Thanks,

tall tom

There are actually two articles.

“Eccentric Exercise: A Solution to Tendonitis?” by Peter Blanchonette. Posted in July of 2000.

“ACSM Wrap-Up, Part I, A Summary of the 2004 New England Conference” by Eric Cressey. Posted in November of 2004. The stuff about tendinitis is halfway down.

[quote]Rocket Lax wrote:
There are actually two articles.

“Eccentric Exercise: A Solution to Tendonitis?” by Peter Blanchonette. Posted in July of 2000.[/quote]

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=FE95C7730DF9C50844B28B258B6DA4EF.titan?id=459823

[quote]
“ACSM Wrap-Up, Part I, A Summary of the 2004 New England Conference” by Eric Cressey. Posted in November of 2004. The stuff about tendinitis is halfway down.[/quote]

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=527120

I added the URL refs.
Thankyou Rocket Lax for finding the articles.