ACDF Recovery and Chest Exercise Tips

Hey all, I’ll try to keep this brief and to the point. I had multi level anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) of C5-C6-C7 performed on Dec. 1, 2017 and the neurosurgeon just released me to exercise again. I first developed symptoms in the second week of September 2017 when I was only able to bench press 225 4 times, previously able to bench it 20-22 times. The weakness, I discovered, was solely in my right arm. Now post op and able to lift again, my right arm has severely atrophied and is so weak I have difficulty putting my seatbelt on without assistance from my left arm… It will take upwards of a year or so for the nerves to regenerate; in the meantime, I’m essentially unable to bench press.

Primary question - are there any exercises that work the chest that minimally recruit the triceps? For instance a few days ago I did cable flyes fine, though I took it really easy obviously as I have to ease back into things. The good news is I’m able to deadlift and squat just fine, though I can’t go too heavy on either until my body is ready which may be a few more months.

Interested

• List item

in this,im looking at having this done as well,waitingnon mri result