Accutane While On Cycle

For those of you with accutane experience, would accutane hinder my cycle outcome any? I’m about to start my treatment of accutane and was about to start a new cycle as well. I’ve done many cycles in the past and this last cycle just gave me horrible acne that none of my other cycles have ever done before. Anyways, for those of you that have insight to this…do you think accutane can be taken concurrently with my cycle because i know its rather hard on your liver? I will be taking sus, eq, clen, anavar, and nolvadex. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I have never personally used the stuff, but I know a few local competitive bodybuilders who do use accutane while on a cycle. Their cycles are stacked so high at times, that accutane use is necessary. How impressive would the judges be in a competition if they saw a strawberry field on someone’s back during a lat spread? A sight for sore eyes I would think.

Anyway, if you know the stuff is harsh on the liver, then you should know not to put anymore stress on it. Cut out the anavar if you can (or any other oral you might think of adding), unless you have found anavar some in an injectable form. Good luck.

if your goal is to minimize the amt of acne you will get while on this particular cycle, then take a small amt(10mg ed) for the duration of the cycle…however, if your goal is to rid yourself of acne for the rest of your life, then take the accutane by itself for the 5-6month treatment and DO NOT take AAS during this time!!!

MK

[quote]mikekatz wrote:
if your goal is to minimize the amt of acne you will get while on this particular cycle, then take a small amt(10mg ed) for the duration of the cycle…however, if your goal is to rid yourself of acne for the rest of your life, then take the accutane by itself for the 5-6month treatment and DO NOT take AAS during this time!!!

MK[/quote]

I agree with MK. This is the best way to take accutane, as it dramatically reduces the skin pore’s ability to produce sebum. You will have to deal with dry skin however as a side effect, and the drug is much more liver toxic then any 17-AA steroid. For this reason, I would only recomend that indivuduals with serious acne problems take this drug.

[quote]Prisoner#22 wrote:
mikekatz wrote:

MK

I agree with MK. This is the best way to take accutane, as it dramatically reduces the skin pore’s ability to produce sebum. You will have to deal with dry skin however as a side effect, and the drug is much more liver toxic then any 17-AA steroid. For this reason, I would only recomend that indivuduals with serious acne problems take this drug.[/quote]

It most definitely should be used as a last resort type thing as the drug is very potent. It’s been four years since my six month treatment and not a single breakout since. I hate to sound sappy, but the stuff really changed my life. If your acne is chronically bad, I say go for it as the benefits will outweigh the consequences in the long run.

BTW, prisoner, where did you read that accutane was more hepatoxic than c-17-aa orals? I’m not disputing this, just curious as I always knew it was hepatoxic due to the monitoring of liver enzymens whilst on cycle, but I never knew to what extent it was hepatoxic…I’m guessing it’s like most drugs in the sense that it’s dependent on dose/duration.

MK

Accutane is the best!!! I had a horrible acne problem… then I took accutane. I used it for about 8 months !!! But it worked perfektly! No more acne!

I used accutane almost ten years ago now. It cleared up my skin, but I’ve become mildly bi-polar. We’re talking heavy mood swings. there are some class actions out in some areas of North America against the mfgr. of this stuff. I wouldn’t tell you not to take it, but consider the possible side effects.